Super Contributor

Video on Q homepage

[ Edited ]

The video on Qs homepage shows "cutesy" moments with the show hosts that I think are supposed to make us like them. I'm guessing that's the point. I found it childish.

Then they show a couple of tear-jerker phone calls talking about how QVC people helped them get over their loss, etc.

I would say it is quite obvious that Q got the message: customers who watch QVC were for the most part furious with the termination of Carolyn and Dan and told them so. Speaking only for myself, they were the two hosts I connected with along with Mary Beth. Some others are frankly intolerable....and others are just mildly irritating.
Ratings may also show that customers are fed up. 

I find the video offensive, using people who are emotionally upset calling in to QVC and crying ......to prop up QVC.  Trying to make Q look "kind" and "friendly".
But to each his/her own.
I do think that posting the video is a demonstration that those in control at the Q, know that we have some power too. And we are using it....tuning out.

Honored Contributor

The only power we have is our decision to buy or not but.  And the people who never buy anything from QVC have no power at all.  If you aren't a customer, QVC doesn't know you exist. 

Super Contributor

Re: Video on Q homepage

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree There's no reason a company WOULD know people who aren't their customers.
That's the point.
It's my assumption that most here are or were Q customers.And those who use the Q homepage are customers, ex-customers or potential customers. We/they do have power. 

The video is aimed at their customers on their sales page.
Clearly there's attempted image building in that video. I am not buying it.

Respected Contributor

I think QVC is testing, testing, testing. With something like the "fun" clips, it's not only if you click on, but how long you stay. I lasted maybe 8 seconds. That's because I'm a shopper seeking product info, not fun times with my on-air friends.

But testing is a good thing.

Honored Contributor

I rarely even look at the home page--too confusing.  I check "items recently on air" and then come to the forums.  If QVC depended on me as a customer it would have been out of business years ago.

Respected Contributor

I think these so called "cutesy" moments are one of the primary reasons why more and more looooong time customers like myself are changing the channel....and, consequently, purchasing less and less. 

I don't come to QVC to see juvenile and silly antics, nor do I personally care to constantly hear about the fabulous life and times of one particular self-absorbed host. But the recent suggestive and crass comments made by some on the Over 50 and Fabulous shows really took the cake. It says a lot about this company. That kind of behavior I will not soon forget.                

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@10000thnickname 

That video is cringeworthy, and the callers...that's pathetic way to promote QVC.

It's a shopping channel, NOT a therapy session.

They are getting desperate.

When that weeper came on about the gimmicky greens juice, couldn't turn it off fast enough.

Total opportunistic desperation.

More puerile,infantile, juvenile, moronic every passing day.

I am just about done OTHER for the comedy aspect of it, and the feeling that it's like a terrible freeway accident you just can't take your gaze away from...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shopped with QVC a lot. I quit.

But i've been watching their homepage because common sense says their PR department was going to present a front of "Friendly and caring QVC" as so many referred to Carolyn and Dan.
So I'm sure that's why that video is posted. 
We know that is what PR departments do.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped 

Did you watch the video on the homepage?

Complete nuttery distilled down into concentrated crackpottery at it's finest.

If you never watched QVC...and was new to the channel......would you if this video represented their best?

Would it entice you to want more?

Let us know!!!

When/If you watch..think back to when we all started watching QVC...and compare it to hosts throwing stuff from the display, stepping on/into purses, dropping things just because an laughing like hyenas, and the tasteless recordings of callers who are obviously not well, who call in late at night to a shopping channel.

Seriously bad taste.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why is it so difficult to get through their heads, it's treating customers with respect and high quality interesting product mixes that sell, not a bunch of adult-children playing silly and pulling at customers' heartstrings.

QVC used to be more classy.