Respected Contributor

Re: Vendors wearing super expensive designer clothing while presenting

I wear shoes to work some of my staff probably can’t afford on their salaries. Is that wrong too?
Valued Contributor

@Q4u it is indeed against the law to sell counterfeit items, just as you stated. We had a woman here selling fake Coach, LV, Prada, you name it. She was busted, fined and got a little jail time, apparently it wasn't her first go around.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Folks with more than enough $$$$$$ in their lifetime should probably go ahead and spend some of it.

It's all about what makes the world 'go round'.  

What would this world be like if the rich didn't spend a dime?

No enterprises, not many companies, less inventions, less employees (who are salaried), etc., etc.

The list goes on and on.

Well, wishing these successful Breezies women and their employees well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love people dressing nice, but wearing attire with the designer's name spelled out, even the middle class designer belts like Moschino, is just gaudy.  I do not like handbags with names on them.  Once upon a time, Michael Kors had great handbags, of which I had several and the first thing I did was take the MK logo off.  I just don't like wearing clothes that are advertisements for some designer.  I am not a walking billboard.  I recently needed a belt of a certain size and the only one I could find was a DKNY and I just refused to buy it.  It was very inexpensive, TJ Maxx, but because it was an advertisement for her, I was not going to get it.  I just pulled a sash from another dress which was black that would work through the loops and blended with the fabric.  

P.S.  I think there is a difference in an Hermes scarf and a belt with the designer's name spelled out.  I have no problem with nice handbags but I would not carry a LV for the same reasons.  I do have David Yurman bracelets but there is nothing exterior identifying them.  They are nice and I like wearing them and have had them for ages and they hold up while washing dishes, cleaning house, etc.  I got them for the great look and quality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding Jill and David wearing Cartier bracelets.  How can you tell they are Cartier?  (I obviously don't know about jewelry name brands).

I also agree with what @Carmie said in her post.  Just because one chooses to spend his/her money on a high dollar item doesn't mean one has wealth.  It could also mean that person has debt.  I'm not talking about anyone is particular.  I'm just speaking in general terms.

Back to the Cartier bracelets......do they have a distinctive look? 

Valued Contributor

I cannot believe some of the hateful comments on this thread towards the OP. She has an opinion and she's entitled to it. No reason to be nasty about it if you don't agree with her. 

That being said, I agree with the OP. No reason to wear "in your face" types of garments/accessories from another brand when you are afterall trying to sell YOUR own brand. LOL Kinda defeats the purpose if the viewers are drooling over another brand, huh? (and this exact scenario actually happened & was posted earlier in this thread) 

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

As I've watched QVC and other televised program over the years, never once did I feel or believe someone (a stranger, really) was flaunting their wealth by wearing designer clothing.  People buy and wear what they want.  It's that simple.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't agree with the assumption we like to see vendors dressed in expensive clothing/ accessories. If it's a vendor selling/representing a clothing/accessories then they need to be wearing that item. If the are selling sheets, well then no. A lot of retail stores selling clothing and shoes EXPECT and REQUIRE employees to wear the clothing from the store employing them. Of course they are given a generous discount. I've worked alot of retail in my years and that's been the way it's been. I've not worked in department stores where multi brands are sold so I would imagine harder to do that. 

Someone stated that with our purchases we've helped them buy the status item, it's that way for every company. I can't imagine the Walton family isn't wearing all inexpensive clothing or driving a smart car!

Honored Contributor

I didn't even notice.  I generally don't pay much attention to those women.   

Esteemed Contributor

@colover wrote:

Don't agree with the assumption we like to see vendors dressed in expensive clothing/ accessories. If it's a vendor selling/representing a clothing/accessories then they need to be wearing that item. If the are selling sheets, well then no. A lot of retail stores selling clothing and shoes EXPECT and REQUIRE employees to wear the clothing from the store employing them. Of course they are given a generous discount. I've worked alot of retail in my years and that's been the way it's been. I've not worked in department stores where multi brands are sold so I would imagine harder to do that. 

Someone stated that with our purchases we've helped them buy the status item, it's that way for every company. I can't imagine the Walton family isn't wearing all inexpensive clothing or driving a smart car!

In this particular case the OP is speaking of Breezie (sp) women.  They sell underwear.  We can only assume that they're wearing their products.  Smiley Happy