Super Contributor

Re: Vendors wearing super expensive designer clothing while presenting

I've always thought that vendors shouldn't distract from the items being sold.  Wearing an obvious designer belt is a distraction.  There have been times when a vendor is wearing something I wouldn't mind buying only I realize later that it's not sold on QVC.  You'd think a shopping channel would want to have everything presented on air to be things you can purchase from them.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Anyone looking to emulate designer "bling", check out Amazon for dupes. You can't tell the difference...Chanel, Yurman, Cartier jewelry, belts, etc. If it's important to have something, for whatever reason, you don't have to spend big bucks anymore. 

Respected Contributor

@MotherofBengals I guess you didn't see when Leah wore a Gucci (the one with the G's) belt on air. How about David, he wears a Cartier bracelet? What a vendor/host wears does not bother me. They work hard for their money so they should spend it the way they want.

Esteemed Contributor

@DJsmom. I totally agree! It’s their money and they can buy what they like. Honestly the comments are ridiculous
Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart. Amen. How someone spends their money shouldn’t bother anyone else. I would be willing to bet the OP wouldn’t want someone telling her what she should spend her money on.
Respected Contributor

The only thing that bothers me is when a host's style clearly and obviously is not the same style as what they're on-air trying to sell to us.  Their endless gushing and saying "I love it" comes across as fake because you know they wouldn't be caught dead in it.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I very much appreciate when hosts and vendors make the effort to look nice and dress well.  What seems exorbitant in price to one viewer is, conversely, just click away from another viewer happily finding that item for themselves in a good Internet search. 

Where does it end?  No diamond rings over 3 carats; remove all those Cartier Love bangles; no Gucci belts; etc.  Now that would be an insult to the viewer, who range across all demographics and income brackets. 

@Caaareful Shopper, we've had a poster complain about someone's large diamond.  It was a vendor and said poster felt she was showing off during her product presentations.  

We've had posters complain about Leah's Hermes belt and the Cartier watch some of the hosts wear.  And the high dollar shoes and clothing some of the hosts wear.  

I stand by my comments that I think it's ridiculous for the hosts to wear these high dollar, non-QVC items when doing a clothing show. But outside of that, I don't care what they spend their money on.    

It all sounds like sour grapes to me. 

Valued Contributor

Oh, PuH-Lease Woman Indifferent

@MrSour wrote:

you are so right it's like they r throwing it right in your face

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Anyone looking to emulate designer "bling", check out Amazon for dupes. You can't tell the difference...Chanel, Yurman, Cartier jewelry, belts, etc. If it's important to have something, for whatever reason, you don't have to spend big bucks anymore. 

I know you can find counterfeit anythings out there but it's actually against Federal Law to sell them.  The Law states that it's the seller's responsibility to find out if the item is authentic prior to sale.... AND.... not knowing it was a counterfeit is not a defense in a court of law.  In Italy, it's against the law to buy a counterfeit, which makes the buyer far more invested in making sure they're buying authentic. 

As far as a Vendor wearing designer while on the air.... I personally don't care Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*