Valued Contributor

Re: Vendors wearing super expensive designer clothing while presenting

@Caaareful Shopper
Funny no one said anything about the Cartier. Or when they wear their "red bottom" shoes. There's some money.
Trusted Contributor

I don't care about the guests or reps.  My opinion is that the hosts should wear QVC clothing and accessories.  Now, the sticky part of this is what would the male hosts wear?  Would it be discrimination to have the women wear only company merchandise but the men don't have to?  When hosts starting showing up in Louboutin shoes, then I said "Wait a minute!"  Shopping channels were originally for people who wanted quality but at a lower price because that is all they could afford.  Why does anyone think they are promoting EasyPay?  To entice people who can't pay the full price up front to buy over time.  So IMO the hosts should dress like regular "folks" and leave the splashy designer labels at home.

Honored Contributor

Not sure I can even tell designer clothes without some sort of logo--and frankly---I really don't care either---so what----gotta dress to impress -------

Honored Contributor

Times have surely changed.  Easy Pay is not strictly for people to use who cannot afford the full price.  QVC wants you to buy multiple items --  more is more -- so they push easy pay so you can buy many things at one time and pay a lower price for the total.  Also, the interest they receive from people not paying off their balance at the end of all their easy pays is an enormous revenue stream for them -- enormous! 

Why would QVC put on all day jewelry shows, with so many items costing upwards of $2,000 each, if they were still focusing on keeping things at low prices.  Even Susan Graver prices have skyrocketed.  Frye has been successful thus far (evidenced by all the presentations I have seen) and their prices hover at $300 for a pair of sandals.  There's a Microsoft Surface computer selling for over $6,000.  QVC recognizes that their customer base and viewership is not the same as it was in the 1980's. 

QVC hosts should be able to wear whatever they want.  Only I will choose what I wear or buy.  I like seeing styles of all kinds.

Valued Contributor

There's also a $300.00 tube of lipstick. And someone bought it, it has reviews.
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Times have surely changed.  Easy Pay is not strictly for people to use who cannot afford the full price.  QVC wants you to buy multiple items --  more is more -- so they push easy pay so you can buy many things at one time and pay a lower price for the total.  Also, the interest they receive from people not paying off their balance at the end of all their easy pays is an enormous revenue stream for them -- enormous! 

@Caaareful Shopper , Personally, I consider EZ Pay a trap. I don't use it.  People think they're not spending much, so they go more items on EZ Pay and then those EZ Pays start adding up and you end up with credit card debt.  They say the average CC debt is $7000.  I have only used it once in several years and that was for a more expensive item that had a 6 month return on it.  And if you get something on auto delivery, you may be still paying for something that you've already used up or eaten and then you're double paying because the new one has shipped and you haven't even finished paying for the first shipment.  No thanks.

I get really annoyed at the huge push for EZ Pay and EZ Pays on items that are already really cheap (except for the shipping fee).  But, obviously they are making a ton of money on it and the interest on their cards or they wouldn't push them so much.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   I agree with you in that it's so easy to get caught up in the EP trap.  If used well, it's great.  But QVC knows offering it all the time now, and making it the default at checkout, is more about QVC making money off the interest of those that are not using it well. 

Super Contributor

@MotherofBengals wrote:

I noticed the breezies vendor (one of the daughters) wearing a expensive designer belt (one that spelled out the designer name). I am very happy for them that their sales on QVC have allowed them so much financial freedom. That said, I found myself feeling a bit like she was flaunting how QVC customers have pretty much bought those designer billboard items for them. I am not a prude and enjoy the good things in life as much as the next person, but I just thought it was bad form and a bit tasteless to be wearing such an expensive accessory when presenting something as simple and moderately priced as bras and underwear. Yes, I know some are going to tell me to get a life,and I have one, but it just stuck out to me (it was a HUGE belt!) as ostentacious. Maybe the vendors could be more aware of their audience demographic when they dress to go on air and sell their items. After all, the hosts don't flaunt labels that could detract from the items they are selling. Maybe the vendors should be a bit more cognizant of that as well. 

Girl, STOP IT!....so I guess someone who works at a cancer facility should shave their head once patients start losing their hair....STOP IT!

Super Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I didn't see the belt, but when something a vendor is wearing becomes the focus and viewers remember that and not the product, then the vendor should have chosen something else to wear.

Yeah, they all should present in their birthday suits.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JMO I think hosts and vendors should wear what they want to wear, clothing that makes them feel good about themselves and is comfortable.  A host shouldn't have to wear only Q clothing.  Models show what an item looks like.

o/t I love Rachel Boesing's clothing.  She has good taste.