Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vendors wearing super expensive designer clothing while presenting

It's always nice to see a well-dressed, well-groomed guest.  Not everyone is going to agree on the style.

Since QVC appears to not even have a dress code for its hosts, why should the guests be restricted?

And scolding another poster to get a hobby or a life is, as always, the height of haughtiness.

Honored Contributor

It does not bother me what they wear.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I'd rather see them in expensive clothes than the uber casual some of the Q hosts wear of late.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'd rather see them in expensive clothes than the uber casual some of the Q hosts wear of late.

@Krimpette 

I agree, at least she wasn't wearing pajamas!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I very much appreciate when hosts and vendors make the effort to look nice and dress well.  What seems exorbitant in price to one viewer is, conversely, just click away from another viewer happily finding that item for themselves in a good Internet search. 

Where does it end?  No diamond rings over 3 carats; remove all those Cartier Love bangles; no Gucci belts; etc.  Now that would be an insult to the viewer, who range across all demographics and income brackets. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The one I saw was Chanel's logo, CC, initialed rhinestone or crystal belt buckle and pin.  Someone here mentioned Moschino.  The one I saw was not his.  The CC belt sells for around $1,000, the pin, $500.

What's interesting to me is, I can't remember the product the vendor was representing.  I do remember the designer she was wearing; however, this designer is one of my favorites, particularly her handbags.

I didn't mind seeing it on QVC, but for me it was a distraction from the product that was being sold.  All I remember is I wasn't interested in it, but I sure did like the belt and pin.  

Respected Contributor

I didn't see the belt, but when something a vendor is wearing becomes the focus and viewers remember that and not the product, then the vendor should have chosen something else to wear.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

Apparently no one takes a good look at the shoes of a particular host, the price tag has a coma in it on a good many of them. That being said good for them. I could care less what they wear.
Btw..... Think of how hard Joan Rivers worked, not just the Q, all her jobs, she accrued quite the fortune. And wore it very well.❤️❤️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Your comment comes across as rather judgmental to me. Just a moment ago, I made a comment about a royal family member. If she were to visit a homeless shelter, should she get her clothes from Goodwill? Personally, a well dressed vendor is what I would expect to see on QVC.

@AuntG 

Yes, I agree, I want the Vendors to be well dressed and professional looking in their appearance.....I really didnt pay much attention to the belt she was wearing....and I dont think it was meant at all to be, "hey look what I bought---thanks a lot customers ---you made me rich--eat your heart out".....🤑

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette 

I agree, at least she wasn't wearing pajamas!

@KingstonsMom 

😄 😄 😄.....  especially the NFL PJ's that created a stir when Alberti wore them on Saturday Morning Q.... 😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”