Honored Contributor

Re: Vendors returning to the set...

I don't see the need for vendors to be in the studio.  The bottom line is to make sure the vendors are giving descriptions, necessary information about their products.  That can be done by remote.  What I find annoying is the constant interruptions and talking over the vendor from some of the hosts.  That in my opinion is a problem more so.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@D Kay wrote:

With all the canceled flights,  I think it would be unpredictable whether the long distance vendors could ever make it to the studio.

Some use private planes.

@geezerette , Now that would be a real waste.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I enjoy seeing the vendors more than the hosts. It's presented that way sometimes on Q2.

Without the hosts there, the vendor can explain the products without being interrupted and talked over. There's no circus, overacting and the host trying to be the star of the show.

I never understood the need for one host much less two hosts.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe once vendors return we can go back to one vendor with one host. For me, this is a much better pairing than two hosts, or worse, two hosts skyping with a vendor. 

I really don't care how the vendor and host interact, whether keeping their distance or hugging, it's their personal choice. 

Honored Contributor

I've stated this before--get rid of ALL the hosts and let the vendors sell their products from wherever they are.  I understand that there are people who watch the shopping channels for "company" and think of their hosts as "friends" but that is not the purpose of a "shopping" channel, IMO!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@D Kay wrote:

With all the canceled flights,  I think it would be unpredictable whether the long distance vendors could ever make it to the studio.

Some use private planes.

@QVCkitty1 

No more so than movie stars, business executives, or other very well off people doing the same.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@D Kay wrote:

Some use private planes.

@QVCkitty1 

No more so than movie stars, business executives, or other very well off people doing the same.

@geezerette , I stand by my reply.  For what their on set provides , it is a tremendous waste,

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Vendors use their travel expenses for income tax deductions so their bottom line could end up being a much lower amount on net income thus much lower income tax and more profit in their pocket.  

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

Vendors use their travel expenses for income tax deductions so their bottom line could end up being a much lower amount on net income thus much lower income tax and more profit in their pocket.  

You have to lay out all that money to claim it. Higher air fares, cancelled flights, Covid still around - some local vendors may appear. None will travel. Its a waste and who cares???

A vendor, no vendor has never influenced my buying.

Trusted Contributor

I honestly can do without the vendors. It has worked well to have them zoom in. Except for a few vendors that I think need to come back on set..

Chaz Dean is one of them. It is really hard for him to explain all that he explains during full hour presentations with only his own head to talk about. Although it is a ton of work for him to get his models and staff (and dogs) there, I find that he doesn't get to talk much when he is remote at home.

I learn a lot from him, and I like the customer calls where he can answer a question that maybe many others have. Or be able to explain anything in more depth before the camera cuts back to the host so she can explain the product. Chaz does a way better job explaining the different products and scents.

He flies private, so going to the Q also gives him time to schedule a few days to go into his New York salon (which he had to finish during Covid).

When he is on air now, his models are somewhere else (maybe one is on set, the rest are in their own homes) and they all do their own hair. It must cost him way more money to be split up all over the place because he has to pay his models whether QVC ever puts a camera on them or not. Sometimes he has 3 ready and the camera never even goes to them.

He is having trouble with ingredients stuck in the supply chain so there is not much WEN in stock but I hope they bring him back soon. Maybe he will be there for the September gallons show.

He is just one that popped into my head. Make-up people would do better on set. Having the same lighting on everyone (the vendor and the models etc) makes a big difference. The colors look different depending on which make-up brand is on and where they are in their own home. I don't buy much make up anymore but I always remind myself that QVC and HSN are trying to lure more customers to them so bringing the make-up vendors back would be good.

I can actually think of more vendors that DON'T need to be there but there are some that would do better to come back. Just my opinion.