Respected Contributor

Re: Vendors back in the studio and when

I don't see the attraction in watching someone eat. I don't see the need for a vendor to be in the studio.

Honored Contributor

I buy a lot from many online retailers with no vendors demo OR people eating the food and 99% of the time my purchases are perfect!!!

Personally, I don't watch gourmet holiday/food shows and vendors don't make a difference except maybe electronics for usage demo.

I don't miss the kissing, hugging or the way a host falls all over vendor like they'd not been seen in years (well maybe now) when the vendor was on hours before😉.  And there are a few vendors I hope won't come back ...😉

Esteemed Contributor

Like others have already stated, it's not necessary for the vendors to be in the studio for a few minutes here and there.

I believe that if it's a TSV then the vendors should be in the studio since it's a 24 hour event with multiple presentations.

Other than that it's a complete waste of money. I am fine with the vendors using skype.

Honored Contributor

Hasn't this been covered already?

Esteemed Contributor

I would keep it in its current format.

Absolutely no reason to have dozens of guests in and out everyday. 

But the suggestion of having them in on TSV days or a special anniversary makes sense.

Esteemed Contributor

If the hosts would take a bite politely and not act like they haven't eaten in years and leave it at that, I don't mind the eating. 

To me, it's better than what they do now with all the breaking up of things, squishing the food and cutting into a million pieces.  And one of the hosts who feels she needs to put the food halfway up her nose and play with her hands in the Germack and popcorn............yuck!!

Occasional Contributor

Well, they didn't. Thinking they may be getting too comfortable with the Zoom. IMI it is sad. It's awkward and feels disingenuous.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I would keep it in its current format.

Absolutely no reason to have dozens of guests in and out everyday. 

But the suggestion of having them in on TSV days or a special anniversary makes sense.

Agree with @Johnnyeager .  I don't see the need to have guests in the building everyday.  I have no problem with Zoom.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not see a reason for vendors to return. Much too costly.  However, I do want to see more models, and models not wearing the same color as the host.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

It seems to me at this time the Q isn't interested or doesn't much care what you or me or the man behind the tree wants or thinks. They seem to have their own pans for their future in mind. I say this b/c of their poor shipping and deliveries, their disarray in hiring and firing, uncaring sweeping all channels with CIJ, prices, letters on returns, etc. 

The Q has their own plans, and that is on their plans. First, it's always on finances and how to make more money. When it's making more money, that doesn't fare well for employees or customers.