Honored Contributor

Vendors back in the studio and when

I see David is eating some foods on air today. So I have to wonder how long till vendors are back in the studios again. 

It seems it is past time, and they should be bringing some back at least beginning the process. 

Anyone heard when it might happen?

Contributor

Re: Vendors back in the studio and when

Purely speculation on my part, but I wonder if they're targeting Christmas in July for the return of vendors and expanded on-air eating.  Given the amount of food they sell during CIJ, as well as the popularity of such CIJ vendors as Valerie Parr Hill, Mr. Christmas, and Bethlehem Lights, CIJ seems like the ideal time to return to the studio.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe when the country reaches 70% vaccinated....just a guess.

Honored Contributor

Many vendors may not want to come back, very costly for them to do so, transportation, hotels, meals, and some for just a few minutes of air time. 

Honored Contributor

Dreamon!

You said it and I agree and also look to that time.  I will say no more.

Honored Contributor

I know this makes a difference to some, but as for me I simply don't care. It seems like a lot of unnecessary travel and expense for a few minutes on camera. That's just me. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Yay!   I am glad to see that he was eating!    It's way past time, IMO. 

Trusted Contributor

In the grand scheme of things to me it makes no difference if the vendors are in the studio or not.  I think they have worked it out just fine without them.  I also think it saves a ton of money by not having them there.

On the whole as far as the eating goes, does it honestly make a big difference?  Is having the hosts eat really going to entice you to buy if yoiu weren;t already going too?

I much prefer them not eating because very darn few of us can eat gracefully and they have shown that to be the case repeatedly over the years.

Honored Contributor

I don't see the reason why vendors need to return.  

I don't watch any food shows.  Whether they eat or not makes absolutely no difference to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I know this makes a difference to some, but as for me I simply don't care. It seems like a lot of unnecessary travel and expense for a few minutes on camera. That's just me. 

@QVCkitty1  ..... I agree with you 😊