Respected Contributor

Re: Vendors back in the studio and when

I'm sure many of the guests prefer not to come into the studio. I don't mind the skype or zoom either. Probably saves QVC money as well, lol.

Honored Contributor

I dont know about saving Q money but it sure saves the vendors from air fare and hotels and transportation to the studio. And on their meals.  SHQ has had a few vendors on in person last few months. And so has JTV. 

Trusted Contributor

They have models back on,why not the vendors.?

Contributor

Let the vendors stay at home and skype in to the studio for their presentations.  It would be fine with me if you fire all the studio host and had only the vendors make the presentations on  sklye.  

Valued Contributor

Not sure why every item presented now requires a host and a vendor..

Contributor

Totally agree!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see them coming back.....They saw how good they can do without them....

Respected Contributor

Why would anyone care about vendors returning to the studio?  Models are local. No vendor would want to waste the time, money and effort to come into the studio. It's the 21st century. Technology has arrived.

Esteemed Contributor

Shop HQ have their vendors back now. I just watched Donna Salyers last week, and she was right there with the host and models. If TV shows can remain in production, then soak in the vendors be on air. But I think it's very strange, and add to me is watching Q2, and watching the vendors sell their own products reading it off a piece of paper. That just doesn't do it for me at all.

Occasional Contributor

It appears that vendors will not be returning to the studio as a result of Covid. Maybe it will result in some benefit to pricing? My big rant is we've been seeing/hearing remote vendors for 18 months. The horrid quality, especially the audio, of so many of the big representatives is appalling. How can the big, important QVC not regulate the equipment used to transmit programming....'Q' being their first name?