Regular Contributor
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎11-19-2013

Help! Where can I get the 7.25 inch Styrofoam piece that Valerie places into her urns to stabilize her Christmas trees? I have searched Michael's crafts, and Amazon. I am not near Hobby Lobby. Any suggestions? It's for a 5 foot tree.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,460
Registered: ‎05-12-2012

can't you cut a piece to fit?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 70,995
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

You can easily cut Styrofoam with an electric knife.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,658
Registered: ‎03-09-2010



Or even a serrated bread knife!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,118
Registered: ‎10-03-2014

Etsy has a "foam block," but it's 12 x 12 x 20 inches.  They might have smaller sizes. 


You may not be able to find the exact size you want, but you can cut the block to the size you need.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,174
Registered: ‎05-21-2010

Walmart may have Styrofoam blocks and if they are not large enough you can use floral tape or wire to hold them together. then just push the blocks down into the urn. Shouldn't be too difficult. I have done this before and trust me I am not a crafter. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 689
Registered: ‎11-18-2012
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,653
Registered: ‎03-28-2015

Re: Valerie's urn

[ Edited ]

Florist or go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a sheet of insulation foam. That's what I use for my Christmas village.


Regular Contributor
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎11-19-2013

Thank-you all for taking time to answer. Yes, I know I can cut a piece, just for once I didn't want to have to "Mickey Mouse" something.