Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie’s Gotten A Little Sassy, It’s So Cute!

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I like Rick paired with Valerie. She seems to have a calming influence on him and he seems to bring out her more spontaneous, perky side. They seem to have a good time together and enjoy each other’s company. Works for me. 😊

@Maltichonmom17   You have said exactly what I am thinking!  They are great together.  They definitely compliment each other.

@hellodali , you’re right, they really do compliment each other.

The big added bonus for me is that since Rick’s forte is not decorating, he provides the needed information and carries on the general chit chat about what is being presented and leaves the subject of decorating to Valerie.  He doesn’t give his own input or ideas on how to style the products, and that gives Valerie the much needed time to present the item and give her ideas on how to use them. That’s how it should be. 

One thousand percent.  I finally was able to sit through a whole show and enjoy it.

Trusted Contributor

Perfect show!
Esteemed Contributor

Valerie & Rick were GREAT together!!! 🥰😍😘

Respected Contributor

Totally agree; Valerie with Rick was great!  He let her do the talking without interrupting with his ideas and she seemed to enjoy the pairing as well.  She looked so pretty last night and had fun with Rick.  I vote for this pairing again!!  Rick was not gushing uncontrollably like some hosts.

Honored Contributor

Valerie & Rick = a sensational team‼️

Another great team is Valerie & Jayne Brown.  Jayne has a sincere love and talent for decorating, but always let’s Valerie speak and take control of showcasing her own items.  

wish QVC could keep these two paired with Valerie permanently.  

Super Contributor

Yes I finally got to watch Valerie and hear her descriptions and see her enjoying her time on the air. Thanks Valerie and Rick!

Respected Contributor

The women hosts tend to insert their decor ideas, which is fine to a point, but when the competitive “I have another idea” duel starts, it can get to be too much. I have seen shows when they start running to different areas of the set with their latest brainstorm and the chaos ensues. I also dislike when the host inserts convoluted stories on how they or her family members decorate with each item (get 5 sets in every color and have a year-round party). Good grief, and give it rest on using the color green.

When the host is willing to let Valerie do the decorating and they do their job on numbers remaining and payment options, plus some restrained cheerleading, the programs are more enjoyable for me. 

Respected Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I like Rick paired with Valerie. She seems to have a calming influence on him and he seems to bring out her more spontaneous, perky side. They seem to have a good time together and enjoy each other’s company. Works for me. 😊

Perfect description! 

Honored Contributor

Like many others I enjoyed the show.  Rick was calm and professional.  And Valerie seemed to really enjoy herself too as she shared her products and ideas.  And they worked together well and had some fun too.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I also really enjoyed last night's show. The last time Rick hosted with Valerie was a bit of a train wreck; Rick didn't seem to be comfortable with any amount of silence and ended up interrupting Valerie quite a bit, but this time around, he was much more calm and did a lot more listening. Their chemistry was great!