Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ 

I love it when Rick tries his hand at decorating and jokes about needing a new show "Decorating With Rick"....🤣🤣🤣

I do agree!  He comes up with some funny ideas, like displaying the three sisal ducks (with polka dot ribbons) on top of a toilet tank.  I presume he's kidding, but maybe not.

Contributor

I just can't take a legitimately hyperactive host like Rick.  I enjoy Valerie and Alberti so much more.  He has new ideas and is peaceful to watch, just as Valerie is. I'm a longtime customer, more Valerie products every year.
Valerie's decor isn't a good match for Rick.  He is sincerely agitated and over-the-top....annoying to watch and I turn him off. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 

Seriously, you don't know who Valerie is?  

Regular Contributor

I seriously disagree.  I love the two of them together.  Valarie actually bsrightens up with Rick.  It is a very different show with Alberti, whose fussiness gets on my nerves, but I still adore Valarie and will watch whomever hosts her shows.  By the way, Jayne is wonderful with her also.

Contributor
They really are fun to watch together!
Esteemed Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

@Puppy Lips  You said, "Rick is good with the ladies, and I imagine that he has good chemistry with all the women, whether it is real or not."   What are you implying here? That can easily be construed as something very serious these days. Choose your words wisely. 

@HonestLife My words were just fine.  Rick came from an acting background.  I think you can have real chemistry with a person, or act like you do.  Having real chemistry with someone does not mean anything nefarious is going on.  You can see examples on all the Hallmark Movies, lol.  Sometimes the main couple have real chemistry and click, or they are good actors.  Other times, it is a bad pairing and they just don't jive together.  Frankly, I don't see where my comment can be "easily construed" as anything than what I just explained.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Contrast

Valerie's voice is so soothing  and calm.  QVC ought to just let her showcase her wares without any Host  which is my preference,

If you are watching their show late at night , you sure would not fall asleep when Rick is Hosting . 

Now Rick does liven things up with his excited voice tone . So, if you are one who enjoys contrast  well these two  are likely your cup of tea.

@skatting44 I always thought Valerie sounded like a kindergarten teacher.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@MrSour wrote:

@Puppy Lips  You were so generous using the word STUFF. I would of stuck with JUNK

My home is full of Valeries stuff, and it doesn't look junkie. I smile every time I see a piece. My friends,Family and visitors love it too. My large kitchen table has one end with a seasonal decoration and I smile everytime one of them lights up.I guess it's "what ever floats your boat" but to call it junk is a bit much.

@HLP I am sure what you have is lovely.  I have seen some very nice things she has presented.  However, the two pieces that I got in December, that were Christmas decorations, were damaged and that made them look awful.  When you get something like that, it just looks like junk, and they were made in China, which carries its own reputation.  I did not mean to offend anyone's taste in their home decor.  But I won't be buying anything more of hers.

Respected Contributor

I like Valerie and Rick....they are charming.

But.... Valerie and Alberti are my favorite pairing.....Alberti is so talented in decorating.

Super Contributor

I bought two of Valerie's 18-inch Christmas angels and a white sleigh.  Both were good quality. I don't care for most of Valerie's stuff because it's so sentimental, but the angels and the sleigh were very acceptable