Reply
Contributor
Posts: 20
Registered: ‎01-03-2018

I am curious: does anyone know how much input/creative control Valerie has over the items in her brand? They just showed an interview with a buyer who said she was the manager of the VPH brand and it made me wonder. For instance, I’ve heard Isaac is only the spokesperson for his clothes now. (Not saying that’s the case with Valerie! I just wasn’t sure how it worked.)

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,381
Registered: ‎03-08-2018

I love watching  her shows.  She gives me great decorating ideas.  I have no eye for those things so I need the visual.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,606
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

I agree that Jill tends to steamroll on-air vendors, but Valerie doesn't seem to mind.  She gets a word in when she can.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎04-27-2015

She is sweet and ageless. I get some good ideas from her.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,982
Registered: ‎08-20-2012

@mspatmac wrote:

I too enjoy Valarie and was looking frward to her finale show tonight.  Unfortunately Ric is the host and has completely ruined the show.  He can't keep his mouth shut and allow Valarie to present her products in her usual refined manner.  The producers need to tell him to tone it down.  I finally turned the show off and will just look on line.  I may miss some products that sell out quickly but that's QVC's loss.  

-----------------

Absolutely agree!!  He was way too loud, repeated every phrase about ten times, did not let Valerie speak...not a good pairing at all!!  I also had to turn the channel....


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@corita wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

I too enjoy Valarie and was looking frward to her finale show tonight.  Unfortunately Ric is the host and has completely ruined the show.  He can't keep his mouth shut and allow Valarie to present her products in her usual refined manner.  The producers need to tell him to tone it down.  I finally turned the show off and will just look on line.  I may miss some products that sell out quickly but that's QVC's loss.  

-----------------

Absolutely agree!!  He was way too loud, repeated every phrase about ten times, did not let Valerie speak...not a good pairing at all!!  I also had to turn the channel....


 


@corita, just wanted to add that repeating phrases or what someone else says seems to be a verbal tic for him.

 

Personally, I don't  enjoy and won't watch either person being discussed here.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,220
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

@TSVornotTSV wrote:

I am curious: does anyone know how much input/creative control Valerie has over the items in her brand? They just showed an interview with a buyer who said she was the manager of the VPH brand and it made me wonder. For instance, I’ve heard Isaac is only the spokesperson for his clothes now. (Not saying that’s the case with Valerie! I just wasn’t sure how it worked.)


@TSVornotTSV

 

What is sounds like from this interview it's her products, her and her husband own the company and then the QVC must pick which ones and how many of each maybe?????.....

 

QVC Queen: From Glendover Elementary to Home-Decor Mogul on a Major Shopping Network

By Barbara Isaacs, The Lexington Herald-Leader, Ky., The Lexington Herald-Leader, Ky.

 

Parr Hill would not have imagined that she would one day be a cable-shopping force. Her career background had been primarily in not-for-profit fund-raising. At one point, she was representing the vendors of live wreaths and swags and made contact with QVC, who put her on the air with a group of the wreaths. A decade ago, Parr Hill entered an exclusive partnership with QVC.

 

Parr Hill and her husband, Will, now head their own company, which scours gift shows and a variety of vendors to find new items to become part of the line.

—–

 

And this is from this very QVC website:

 

A tastefully decorated space can help you create a relaxing cove in which you love to spend time. Set the stage for a beautiful home your guests are sure to enjoy and write home about with Valerie Parr Hill. Her home decorations are always stylish, always tasteful, and always in vogue. Created and overseen by the hardworking entrepreneur herself, find Valerie’s home accents at QVC.com.

 

Hill, Valerie Parr
 

Valerie Parr Co, The is a privately held company in Montville, NJ and is a Single Location business.

 

 
 
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,982
Registered: ‎08-20-2012

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

I too enjoy Valarie and was looking frward to her finale show tonight.  Unfortunately Ric is the host and has completely ruined the show.  He can't keep his mouth shut and allow Valarie to present her products in her usual refined manner.  The producers need to tell him to tone it down.  I finally turned the show off and will just look on line.  I may miss some products that sell out quickly but that's QVC's loss.  

-----------------

Absolutely agree!!  He was way too loud, repeated every phrase about ten times, did not let Valerie speak...not a good pairing at all!!  I also had to turn the channel....


 


@corita, just wanted to add that repeating phrases or what someone else says seems to be a verbal tic for him.

 Personally, I don't  enjoy and won't watch either person being discussed here.

-------------

Oh my...did not mean to belittle him....but it sure can be hard to listen to for several hours.  Wonder if there is something that can aid him????


 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,509
Registered: ‎08-13-2011

I'm glad so many enjoy her.  I don't care for her at all.  You can predict when she is going to tilt her head, then nod, and fake a "sincere" comment.  It's all very fake.  Part of the reason I don't care for her is how gaudy her things often look when she sets groups up.  I don't care for that much clutter in a home.  I prefer a few special holiday decorations, and more room for friends and family to feel comfortable in a room.  All those things bring chaos to a room, not peace.  People are more relaxed, and enjoy special times more when they feel you made room for them, not things.  Some of her settings just look like Christmas threw up in the room.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,733
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@corita wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

I too enjoy Valarie and was looking frward to her finale show tonight.  Unfortunately Ric is the host and has completely ruined the show.  He can't keep his mouth shut and allow Valarie to present her products in her usual refined manner.  The producers need to tell him to tone it down.  I finally turned the show off and will just look on line.  I may miss some products that sell out quickly but that's QVC's loss.  

-----------------

Absolutely agree!!  He was way too loud, repeated every phrase about ten times, did not let Valerie speak...not a good pairing at all!!  I also had to turn the channel....


 


@corita, just wanted to add that repeating phrases or what someone else says seems to be a verbal tic for him.

 Personally, I don't  enjoy and won't watch either person being discussed here.

-------------

Oh my...did not mean to belittle him....but it sure can be hard to listen to for several hours.  Wonder if there is something that can aid him????


 


@corita, you are so sweet! I think I should have used the word "affectiation" rather than "tic"; I don't think that it is a medical problem.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland