Contributor

I so enjoy Valerie's home decor shows, and also think that she is just as sweet as they come.  However, I think alot of her items presented are getting to be too elegant for my home.  I have ordered many things from her over the past several years, but now it seems that her decor is beyond my style of home decorating.  I live in a very nice but simple older ranch home and do not have a formal dining room or other larger rooms in which to decorate, so I have to watch a little more carefully what I think would be appropriate for my style of home. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

Super Contributor

I noticed this year particularly that her on air displays have become too gaudy.  It's not my taste to have literally every corner of my mantle covered in decorations, every inch of the table covered in "stuff," or my curio cabinet filled with all things Christmas (besides, where would I store the regular contents, lol?).    So I pick and choose----I did find it was difficult to appreciate much of what she sold because they displayed everything all at once on the set.  I remember a large pie cabinet on the air that you could barely see because it was buried under so much stuff.   Definitely a change from prior years.

Valued Contributor

Her shows have been repeat and today I saw a wreath at K mart she sells for 38$ and K mart had it for 24$ with 10% off.  I have seen this before with the items she shows at Hobby Lobby and Big Lots.  I am surprised because I too trusted her integrity.

Regular Contributor

Have definitely seen her stuff at Hobby Lobby.

Not cool.

~Quack

Honored Contributor

@matty liz wrote:

Her shows have been repeat and today I saw a wreath at K mart she sells for 38$ and K mart had it for 24$ with 10% off.  I have seen this before with the items she shows at Hobby Lobby and Big Lots.  I am surprised because I too trusted her integrity.

@matty liz. I don't think Valeries integrity is questionable at all.  Surely you're not naive enough to believe she sits in a studio and designs all the stuff she sells.  Valerie and buyers from all the companies selling home decor, attend trade shows where they pick their merchandise and place their orders.  The important thing is how you use and display it once you have it in your home.  Its not a matter of stuffing a china cabinet or mathematically lining it up on a mantle.  Its not about quantity but quality...less is often more.  Its about tastefully, and hopefully artfully, displaying what you've got.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I thought the same thing today when this was the "finale"...too much glitter and glitz for my taste!

I was a little disappointed in the show today I was hoping for some 'good sale" prices.

I have purchased some beautiful things from her collections some are from her first time on Q and I still use them today.

I buy alot from the "as is" section when I see her things.  And, I do not decorate as she showed today -- I don't have that type of decor.

Honored Contributor

So much mercury glass and items that need batteries and also need a lot of room to store them when not in use.  I do enjoy her presentations though and I agree that she doesn't design all the items.  Just like I don't think Mark Charles "invents" all the gadgets he presents.  I do enjoy both of them as reps though.

Valued Contributor

I pretty much use some of her items and place them in my house amongst the rest of my decor. If you take her sets where they are designed to be a quick walk thru on item after item for the sake of time then you might get the impression of 'too much'. I just view them as idea starters.

Honored Contributor

I don't have much  of her stuff, but I never see anything out there that is the same quality as her things. I think for the money, her things are good quality and I like the suggestions she gives us on how to use them. I do agree the collection this year is fancier and it does seem like she is pushing the customer to buy more to make a grand display. If you notice they are all under great pressure to push products, but of course it's our choice to buy or not.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@matty liz wrote:

@matty liz. I don't think Valeries integrity is questionable at all.  Surely you're not naive enough to believe she sits in a studio and designs all the stuff she sells.  Valerie and buyers from all the companies selling home decor, attend trade shows where they pick their merchandise and place their orders.  The important thing is how you use and display it once you have it in your home.  Its not a matter of stuffing a china cabinet or mathematically lining it up on a mantle.  Its not about quantity but quality...less is often more.  Its about tastefully, and hopefully artfully, displaying what you've got.

Lisa Robertson’s fans apparenty think she makes all her Xmas decor with the help of elves, 24/7, because they really, really don’t like to acknowledge that a lot of her decor can be found at wholesale and catalog warehouses, so not specialspecialspecial, but freely available and often at a lower price. 

It all comes from wholesale decor sources and much of it (if not most) is from China. Lisa sells as much from China mdse as Valerie does, or any of the “designers/decorators” selling on air.

Yet there is no hue and cry (well, from her fans anyway) that Lisa’s integrity is besmirched because she buys from the Atlanta gift show like everyone else.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all