New Contributor

Valerie Hill wreath - disappointed

haven't gotten a wreath in years. This will probably be last time also. I was looking forward to the pine smell. It did not smell. Sparsely decorated. Two cheap looking angels and some white berries. A gold bow. For the price thought it should have more decorations. RED ones. I bought a couple at dollar store to put on it. They also didn't put that bell ornament that they used to put on with the year on it. It's ok but next year will buy locally. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Hill wreath - disappointed

I agree that we should support our local stores whenever possible.
Respected Contributor

You have a wreath with angels?  I thought the bell ornament only came with the regular wreath - the one that has the 3 things of holly berries?  That's the wreath I received this year and it looks perfect as always.

Honored Contributor

I opted for the Ellen D wreath this year and I'm extremely pleased.  It's a nice mix of greens.  The embellishments might not appeal to everyone, but I love it.  The bow is stiffened burlap and a set of metallic coated bells are hanging by a rope from the bow.  What I like about the design is that I'll feel quite comfortable leaving it up way after Christmas (assuming it lasts that long!), since it doesn't "scream" Christmas.  I'm pleased enough with this that I'll get Ellen's again next year if one is offered.

Contributor

I've purchased a Valerie wreath every year for about twenty years,,,,,and loved them. I've even sent them as gifts. This year's wreath (gingerbread) was terrible!  Dry with way too many needles at the bottom of the box. The decorations had fallen off and were at the bottom of the box with the needles. They fell off again after I had put them back on. SO disappointed. Maybe it's time to try to find something nice local. I doubt I'll purchase another Valerie wreath.

Trusted Contributor

Costco has lovely fresh wreathes.  We've been buying these for the last five years.  Some mixed greens added and berries.  Great size, wonderful price $15 -- they are pretty large, not tiny or small by any means.  Add a bow and done!  They really are great!

Esteemed Contributor

mine had no pine scent at all !  I bought one 15 yrs ago and decided to get one again and it has NO scent!  Called and got a refund.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if I just haven't been as observant, but I've seen these wreaths everywhere.  Seriously - everywhere!  Love the strong smell when they are piled up like that. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased the Angel Wreath back in Christmas in July.  Mine is gorgeous and it is huge!   I bought my mom the other one (I'm blanking on the design) and she loved her's as well.  I find that that limited offer wreath that she sells during Christmas in July  is far superior to the regular one she sells the rest of the year.

Respected Contributor

I bought VPH's wreath one time and it was dried out with no scent.  Since then, I buy locally and hand-pick a great one.