Valued Contributor

Re: Valarie parr hil and temptations

[ Edited ]

I'll never forget, the very first piece of clothing I purchased from QVC was from Isaac M.  When I opened the package, one of the seams was completely unsewn and a very long thread was hanging from it.  I never bought their clothes again.  And yes, it was made in China.

I am one of those people who would be willing to pay more for qood quality, better quality.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

Re: Valarie parr hil and temptations

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

They have always been made in China.

The quality has always been the same IMHO.  Iffy workmanship, sloppy sometimes, poor quality, poor mechanisms etc...but for me, that is not new.  Always been that way w/ her items.

VPH doesn't design these items.  She selects them.  When my family owned a store, we purchased these items from a vendor.  I do think she is  wonderful at presentations and decorating!!!!

We all want to buy things made in the USA, but are we willing to pay the higher cost?  That's what we all need to decide.

Agreed on all. I believe Valerie is nothing more than a sales rep, "face of the brand", a highly "curated" QVC brand...with soft-spoken, sweet, homey, Valerie representing these also curated (from vendors and mfrs) collections. They (Q, Val) may also have relationships with some of the vendors/mfrs now, and occasionally request certain items be designed for the QVC customer. And as far as "her decor talent"...maybe...but I think talented/experienced merchandisers make these beautiful displays.

As far as China...hey, I don't love buying cheap China stuff..but have definitely gone back on my word when I've bought something I liked off the internet that is made in China. I also will buy locally, and at craft fairs, from artisans, and spend more for beautifully crafted, one of a kind items. Hard to be black and white until more is actually produced here again in the U.S. The more it can be done, the more options we have...I'm ALL for it!