Respected Contributor

Ok, do you find Valerie's stuff isn't that great quality?  I've ordered several things in past years and been disappointed in some of it.  A string of fairy lights quit working after very short time and also one of her pretty lanterns as well.   Also, her items I find eat batteries like crazy, even when I don't run them but a few hours at night.

Honored Contributor

I only purchased two of her Christmas items this year.  Both had to be returned twice each because of factory defects. 

But, it was Martha Stewart, as well, one defective, the other very poor quality.

Sometimes I'm surprised, though.  David's large fragile reindeer made it to my house on the East coast from California in one piece.  I cringed when I saw it was shipped from California and said "OH NO!!"  I was positive it would have to be returned.  My guardian angel must have been in the box watching over it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Chalk it up to overall  cheap manufacturing practices  of all kinds of items. Companies are into producing cheap products for the almighty dollar.  It's all about companies making profits  and  shareholders  getting their payouts. There are complaints abt goods from  many companies who used to sell quality goods.

So, if you think quality manufacturing will ever come back, dream on.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@skatting44 Yes, I see what you're saying, but I just expected better from Valerie since she always goes on and on about the great quality of her items whenever she's on air.  

Respected Contributor

Her items are attractive, but yes, often cheaply made.  However, I've not had any problems with the few items I've purchased.  What I'm tired of is so many items needing batteries.  I'm really tired of BATTERIES! Not every item in our lives has to light up.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@skatting44 Yes, I see what you're saying, but I just expected better from Valerie since she always goes on and on about the great quality of her items whenever she's on air.  

Yes, I've been really disappointed  by many brands that used to be "quality " , however no more .  A couple of times ,  my husband  was able to repair some items , but many went back to the store . It's a sad state of affairs regarding manufacturing .  One example is all the  auto airbag recalls which can cost one their life. Shoddy mercahndise

Honored Contributor

Sometime between 1995 & 1998, I ordered a set of her candles.  First time I lit the largest one, all 3 wicks quickly burned down to the wax and died.  Not a good first impression.

Valued Contributor

I have often wondered what people do with all this stuff VPH sells. I guess I don't like stuff.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ 

I totally agree, Valerie's items have been hit or miss when it comes to quality for a few years now--way before the pandemic and China tafriffs! .....  I ordered her 3 Easter Friend Cupcake Characters and they were perfect, garlands Ive ordered from her have been nice and very full......... but I had other failures  (Christmas tree lights that went out for good in the 2nd year of use, thumb prints in mecury glass votives, strings of glue and missing rhinestones on Christmas ornaments,  sisal bunnies with broken ears)....

It's funny because the QVC Vendors always say how strict QVC's quality control requirements are and how they have to go above and beyond to meet QVC standards....

What I also didnt like was the cavalier attitude of her staff on her Facebook Page when you mentioned a quality issue on a product---the response to the lights on tree which I paid a lot of money for---"just buy a set of lights and put them on the tree"....(leaving the new string on with the burned out lights...so attractive)  with that kind of quality I could have gone to Walmart and saved a bundle on a tree that would only last a year... 

🙄....never again...

On the other side of the Spectrum, the Jim Shore figurines I've ordered have always been perfect when it comes to quality!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ  Some of the first items I purchased on QVC were VPH decor items. I still have them and LOVE them. I agree with you and others that her quality is very uneven - especially lately. One time I ordered a slow globe lantern, and it came to me with the "guts" hanging out of the bottom. But, just last month, I ordered her white "Cardinal" snow globe lantern on "As Is" for $15.00. It arrived in perfect shape, and the battery life seems to be pretty good! I'm not naturally a good decorator, and Valerie gives me ideas. When I compare her products to some of the decor stores, her prices are good. Her snow globe lantern was at HL for just a bit more than her original price. Let's face it, most items these days are "imported," if you know what I mean; so the quality is going to be questionable no matter where you buy it. Best of luck with your shopping!