Honored Contributor

Re: VPH items very over-priced

@Carmie wrote:

All of these items that are Imported from China are priced higher than they are worth because of the tariffs.

We have to understand that we do not not actually need any of this stuff.  It is only decorative and a want, but not a need.

As long as people buy and are willing to pay high prices, QVC will continue to offer it. And next year, people will purge their decor items and start all over again.

@Carmie  Wow. I am in my seventies and have never 'purged' any decoration and then bought new. I have a gorgeous home at Christmas time.

Frequent Contributor

I think most of her stuff is cute, but I've been burned on a purchase. Not literally but it was cheap, not made properly, didnt light up, etc., etc., that I won't buy again. I do like to watch, tho.

Respected Contributor

No Hobby Lobby in my area! I purchased an item yesterday and was not until I looked at my order status that it was revealed EDD 11/23. What’s up with not stating that it’s advance order in the online description and/or during the presentation.

Some items I like, some not so much. What I like I’m willing to pay for especially this year when I don’t care to go to local stores much.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

I no longer sit and watch QVC except for some fine jewelry shows which I still enjoy-but do not purchase anything.

That said I do flip by and today saw VHP with very cheap looking items at very high prices. A  blah red glass candle holder for $41? Really? Her taste/style is definately not mine!

@ellaphant 

Her taste and style ARE definitely mine!!!!...and many others too...thats why her shows are so popular and so plentiful....

Like @Kachina624 said her quality has become an issue. I DO shop at other places too for like items at cheaper prices---Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, At Home etc etc....Sometimes Valerie does carry something that is unique that I dont see in local stores.....I love to watch her shows to get ideas.... 

To each their own----personally I find some of the current home styles/trends dull and boring, and not practical like decorating with just neutrals...I loved to see how these light fabrics on couches/chairs look after some normal living with people and pets...And some styles look more like offices than a home....JMHO!!! Like I said, to each their own...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

This year what I've been noticing with Valerie's items is sloppy painting. 
At least if I buy locally, I can examine the workmanship. 

Honored Contributor

I see alot of the VPH items at Goodwill. I would agree w/the OP they certainly are over priced!

Respected Contributor

If you went to the thrift shop I donate to, you would also see a lot of the items I donate. Guess I have a problem because when I purchase/order a few new items each season I usually donate a few so as to keep my inventory manageable. This year, after donating the remainder of my collector doll collection plus other collectibles I had in my small curio cabinet I decided to just display some of my Christmas theme decorations in my curio year round, mostly trees and several Nativities that I have collected. I do not light them all year but enjoy looking at them just the same and reflecting on their meaning.
Trusted Contributor

I get draw in and watch her as everything looks so pretty on the set. Then I realize how many things she has out and if I only buy one thing, then it certainly won't look the same at my house. So I am just sticking with what I have! 

Valued Contributor

Speedy girl, you hit it right on.  Qvc offers one of her items but you would have to buy more if you wanted the look.  I KNOW it is a shopping channel but QVC and Valerie use to have more respect for the buyers.  

Super Contributor

I've seen some cute things but why all that glitter on everything??