Honored Contributor

Re: VPH items very over-priced

@speedy girl wrote:

I get draw in and watch her as everything looks so pretty on the set. Then I realize how many things she has out and if I only buy one thing, then it certainly won't look the same at my house. So I am just sticking with what I have! 

@speedy girl 

Isn't this the truth!!!  One day I was enjoying watching last year how beautiful her "set" was and then realized it's never going to look like this in my home.

It's beautiful to look at though🙂

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

All of these items that are Imported from China are priced higher than they are worth because of the tariffs.

We have to understand that we do not not actually need any of this stuff.  It is only decorative and a want, but not a need.

As long as people buy and are willing to pay high prices, QVC will continue to offer it. And next year, people will purge their decor items and start all over again.

@Carmie I feel the same way about so much makeup and clothing and all decor.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched Valerie's shows for inspiration and ideas how to use all the decor I already have.

I've found VPH items at Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, and LTD Commodities.... if anyone is intersted.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I no longer sit and watch QVC except for some fine jewelry shows which I still enjoy-but do not purchase anything.

That said I do flip by and today saw VHP with very cheap looking items at very high prices. A  blah red glass candle holder for $41? Really? Her taste/style is definately not mine!

I agree!

Let's not buy anything from her. Everyone else can have my share.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

I see some very similar items at Hobby Lobby for a lot lower prices. 

But does VPH smuggle in items of historical/religious items from the middle east like Hobby Lobby?

Valued Contributor

When the QVC outlet at Rehoboth Beach was open, there were big piles of VPH stuff.....and it looked really cheap then, like anything that was available at any craft store. I was shocked when I saw it in person. Not good quality at all. The prices have gone up, but the quality, not so much. But I guess she has her fan base that think she is great, and that's ok. Just not me.