Contributor

Re: VIP 5 easypay, check your bank accounts

I tried to use my VIP online and it doesn't work. It doesn't offer the 5 easy pay, only 3 easy pay or full price. Mabey somebody needs to check that out.  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tissyanne wrote:

Purchases made with a debit card are not authorized for the total amount, when easy pay is used. The bank does not even know that information.

This is not true.  I check my bank account daily and I always see a pending debit for the full amount in my checking account. Then that drops off and just one easypay is charged. 

For those that say this doesn't happen with their bank, is it possible your bank doesn't show this information to you?  My bank never used to show pending transactions.  They only showed actual debits and credits.  Then all of a sudden, pendings started to show. 

I only use a debit card at QVC.  When something is on easy pay, my bank only authorizes the 1st easy pay amount.  That is what is in my pending file and "held" from my credit union.  For example, I put on waitlist the Barbara Biby Frog cuff that was an LTS on 11/16 for 5 EP's of $66.  One became available today and when I went to my online bankvaccount, I saw a pending QVC amount of $66 not the total amount of over $300 authorize.  That is how I knew that my cuff was "in process".

At HSN, like someone else mentioned, if I buy 2 fashion items with S&H of $5.00, on the HSN order page, I will see the first item with the $5 shipping and the 2nd item at $2.50 shipping since HSN gives you a break.  But HSN will authorize my debit card for $10 of $&H and not $7.50.  After they process it the next day, my account is adjusted down to the $7.50.  I guess it's in case you cancel one of the items.  They want to make sure they charge you full shipping.  And when I buy on flex pay, only the 1st flex pay payment is authorized in my pending file, not the full amount.

I would not like to bank where you do if that is their policy since that extra money they authorize reduces your avaiable cash to spend until they adjust it to the easy pay pymt.

QVC Social Team

Hello @hoosieroriginal - sorry it has taken so long to get back to you about this. It appears that the order was placed before the easy promotion was added to it. That is why it was authorizing for the full amount when it should have only been for the first easy pay installment. If you would like any additional help in placing this order, please write to; qvcsocialteam@qvc.com and we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks and have a great day!

Respected Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

Hello @hoosieroriginal - sorry it has taken so long to get back to you about this. It appears that the order was placed before the easy promotion was added to it. That is why it was authorizing for the full amount when it should have only been for the first easy pay installment. If you would like any additional help in placing this order, please write to; qvcsocialteam@qvc.com and we will be more than happy to help.

@Eva-QVC wrote:

Thanks Eva - I didn't think it was due to the debit card.  But I do think you need to put a message out to your customer reps on how to process them since this has happened twice to me.  I don't feel comfortable placing another VIP order because I live on a limited budget and have to wait for the money to be redeposited into my account. 

Honored Contributor

No need to. I didn't get them so won't be using them...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tissyanne wrote:

Purchases made with a debit card are not authorized for the total amount, when easy pay is used. The bank does not even know that information.

This is not true.  I check my bank account daily and I always see a pending debit for the full amount in my checking account. Then that drops off and just one easypay is charged. 

For those that say this doesn't happen with their bank, is it possible your bank doesn't show this information to you?  My bank never used to show pending transactions.  They only showed actual debits and credits.  Then all of a sudden, pendings started to show. 

@Lipstickdiva, with all due respect I do know my bank's practices. They are not withholding this information. I have discussed this with them and I do know what I am talking about. 

And with all due respect, I know my bank's practices.  For you to make a blanket statement about ALL banks only holding the easy pay isn't true.

It might also be that qvc no longer takes debit cards. I tried to place an order last week. Was denied on the easy pay. Was going to charge my card the whole amount.

When I called, the rep was a little short with me. Figured she had had a lot of calls. Told me it had always been that way. I had proof of my current purchases that it had not. She then informed me that it was a computer glitch that I had been able to order and that I could keep trying to order and hope for another glitch to let the purchase go through. 

OMG, I'm glad this person doesn't work for me. I went onto work. When I got home, I sent an email, got a canned response.

My question was will my card now be charged the whole amount. No one seemed interested so my next purchases will be hsn. I have contacted them and they say they have no problem with the debit card.