Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: VIP 5 easypay, check your bank accounts

@Tissyanne wrote:

Purchases made with a debit card are not authorized for the total amount, when easy pay is used. The bank does not even know that information.

It was a debit card - I have never had my bank put a "hold" on anything - they don't know it's easypay.  The representative confirmed it went through as "full price".

QVC Social Team

Hello @hoosieroriginal - I'm sorry for this confusion. Anytime you place an order there is an authorization for the full amount. A sort of confirmation hold that the funds are available. It drops off and you are only charged the first installment of the easy payment when the item ships. I'm sorry the representative told you the full amount was taken out of your account. Technically it is on hold but not deducted from your account. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

Hello @hoosieroriginal - I'm sorry for this confusion. Anytime you place an order there is an authorization for the full amount. A sort of confirmation hold that the funds are available. It drops off and you are only charged the first installment of the easy payment when the item ships. I'm sorry the representative told you the full amount was taken out of your account. Technically it is on hold but not deducted from your account. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks!

Eva, I have a debit card and people on this entry say that doesn't happen with debit cards.  I have never had my account show a full deduction before.  It just shows the easy pay debited from my account.  And why did the representative say it did show the full amount was debited from my account?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tissyanne wrote:

Purchases made with a debit card are not authorized for the total amount, when easy pay is used. The bank does not even know that information.

This is not true.  I check my bank account daily and I always see a pending debit for the full amount in my checking account. Then that drops off and just one easypay is charged. 

For those that say this doesn't happen with their bank, is it possible your bank doesn't show this information to you?  My bank never used to show pending transactions.  They only showed actual debits and credits.  Then all of a sudden, pendings started to show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Pearlee I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

@GinaV24  You got that right! 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tissyanne wrote:

This is not true.  I check my bank account daily and I always see a pending debit for the full amount in my checking account. Then that drops off and just one easypay is charged. 

For those that say this doesn't happen with their bank, is it possible your bank doesn't show this information to you?  My bank never used to show pending transactions.  They only showed actual debits and credits.  Then all of a sudden, pendings started to show. 

@Lipstickdiva, with all due respect I do know my bank's practices. They are not withholding this information. I have discussed this with them and I do know what I am talking about. 

Respected Contributor

My bank only does a hold or whatever on the easy pay payment, & that continues with each payment as they become due

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Other people have discussed this here. They are not really charging the full amount. Sometimes they do a "pull " of the full amount when they authorize. It then takes a few days for it drop off. And then you should be charged for the appropriate amount for the EZ pay.

If you cancel an order over the weekend, it tkes longer for the money to go back into your account.

.  I think the thing is you have to have the full amount for the item in your account. If you're on edge, it's kind of dicey. If you don't cancel, it usually works out OK

It all depends on your bank.

I've never ever had that happen. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

I tried to use the VIP easy pay promotion online and it doesn't work there either. It doesn't give you the opption of choosing 5 easy pay, only 3 easy pays or the full price. Whats up with that? They give you a 5 easy pay promotion and you can't use it. Smiley Sad   That's not fair.   boo-hoo