Honored Contributor

VINCE CAMUTO WALLET GIFT PACKAGING?

[ Edited ]

So finally the black leather wallet (for my stylist) arrived last night. Refresher: It was $45 and my concern was whether it would arrive in some sort of gift wrap/box/suitable gift tissue, etc. No one at CS knew. Well, it arrived in a shrink wrapped plastic bag w/ the warning "This is not a toy" and stamped in huge letters "Made in Cambodia". A $45 gift arrives like that w/o even those styrofoam bubbles in the box and it was in too big a box and just shaking around loose in there. 

Oh yes, the wallet went back today after called CS and giving them a piece of my mind and not paying return shipping. $25 Diamonique studs come wrapped in a pink gift box for presentation...not shrink wrapped in plastic from Cambodia. Shame on QVC and shame on Camuto!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: VINCE CAMUTO WALLET GIFT PACKAGING?

You want a beautiful presentation? Order earrings from Linea by Louis Del Ollio.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus. Did they claim the purchases would come with a gift box? If not I don’t think I being angry with the Q is justified
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@Shanus. Did they claim the purchases would come with a gift box? If not I don’t think I being angry with the Q is justified

@Teddixat  CS understood that many people gift wallets and it should have arrived in some form of soft packaging which would be appropriate as a gift. She was also thrown by the Cambodia shrink wrap. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus
I'd be soooo peeved. SMH, no box. Tacky. And Cambodia?
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  You are very kind to do a gift for your stylist.  I tip generously each time and add a bit more in the holiday months.  I wish I could cut my pixie do myself.  I've been so tempted.  Sometimes after work the absolute last thing I want to do is go to an appointment.

Honored Contributor

back to extra tip for value of the wallet?

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear   I'll look for something else. I know she and her family love a Mexican restaurant at the mall. They're offering $50 gift card and give you $10 card to use yourself. Mmmm. She gets nice gift and we get table side guacamole!!

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus, wow, you're super generous!!! Either gift is fabulous!!!
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear   I'll look for something else. I know she and her family love a Mexican restaurant at the mall. They're offering $50 gift card and give you $10 card to use yourself. Mmmm. She gets nice gift and we get table side guacamole!!

I think that is the perfect solution actually, better than the wallet 

enjoy your guac