Respected Contributor

Re: VENDORS MUST BE FLYING IN?

Commercial airlines are still flying, even though they're working to reduce capacity based on reduced demand. And I would guess that some of the larger vendors may have either corporate aircraft, or private jet memberships such as NetJets. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

I see Victoria Weick today on ShopHQ. She lives in LA

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps some are arranging for local sales professionals to temporarily stand in and represent the brand? (Short time hire.)

Just another option.

Valued Contributor

If they live in NYC it's not a long drive. I image some of the vendors on a lot live in the area, like Susan Graver or Gary from Denim & Co. I could be wrong.

Respected Contributor

Heidi Guest posted on fb that she was due to fly in for Friday philosophy shows but will not now. She said their local vendors will appear.

Respected Contributor

Keep in mind many of the regulars we see on QVC live in the local West Chester PA area. I know someone spotted Mark Charles at a Wegmanns once on Facebook. And Tova herself purchased a home in the area years ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure that bigger vendors are using private jets to fly now.

Honored Contributor

@TY   Off the top of my head, I can't think of that big a vendor on Q or HSN? Private jets are a lot of money to be on air for several hours. They aren't being paid or make the kind of money in sales like if was a rock concert.

Honored Contributor

I think I read many of the big vendors have local homes. I also heard yesterday that local reps are being used. They (like all businesses) are making it work, figuring out how to deal in this environment.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I think I read many of the big vendors have local homes. I also heard yesterday that local reps are being used. They (like all businesses) are making it work, figuring out how to deal in this environment.

@Mj12 

Your right, Josie Moran bought a home in PA....and Kim Gravel said she has an apartment in Westchester for her QVC appearances....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”