Contributor

Received Quicker Factory Cordory Leggings today.  Packing was not new and for sure the leggings had been worn. They were so wrinkled and apparently had been worn  $50.00 for a used item.  It was so disappointing. Back they go and I will think long and hard about ordering from QF again.

Honored Contributor

@Gunnerboy    QVC operates just like department stores do.  When undamaged merchandise is returned by a customer, it's put back for sale.  Do you think Macy's throws clothing out just because it has been returned? 

I would have laundered it and gone about my business.  I've received literally dozens of returned items and they've always been in pristine condition. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Gunnerboy wrote:

Received Quicker Factory Cordory Leggings today.  Packing was not new and for sure the leggings had been worn. They were so wrinkled and apparently had been worn  $50.00 for a used item.  It was so disappointing. Back they go and I will think long and hard about ordering from QF again.

@Gunnerboy  Why hold that against QF? That is on QVC and could happen with any line of clothing. 

Honored Contributor

I don't expect an item to be jammed into packaging where it's obvious my $50 item was used and returned without any care.  The brick and mortar stores take the returned item, attach the tags, gets hung or folded and returned to stock to be repurchased.  However, I am sure (by virtue of what I've personally received) that the returned items to QVC are not inspected  nor repackaged.  They seem to be flipped right on to the next customer.  I received a small make up case years ago that was filthy inside with smeared make up and dirt.... and one of the closures on it was broken!  That was my first experience with receiving an item that was not returned to the Q properly and not inspected prior to shipping it to me.

It's the reason I rarely buy something that isn't presented as "new" (like a TSV).  And I don't mind used items, as long as I know I'm buying used.... I buy off eBay all the time and can't remember ever receiving anything broken, torn or dirty.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

QVC does use "never,tried on, new" as part of its sales schtick and we we shop in person we can see what's wrong and pick something else 

Super Contributor

@jackthebear @Exactly! QVC promises brand new merchandise that "hasn't been tried on by who knows how many customers" and we get to try it on in the privacy of our own home. I received a Belle top recently that had another persons return slip in the bag! The return slip was all filled out and matched the top I received. So I forwarded it (the return slip) to the name on the form with a note that I hoped she was credited for the return as it was obvious the paperwork had been misplaced. The top was cute and it fit so I kept it. I worked in retail for many years and our standards for reselling returned merchandise were very high. Returns were inspected carefully and if not pristine, they were sold at a steep discount or written off as trashed. Also, return paperwork was handled carefully. Inventory control and accuracy is important in retail. Trashed merchandise has to be accounted for. It ALL matters. I was employed by a large nationwide chain with high volume. In truth, because QVC does not have B&M stores, they should be better at this, not worse. They do not have the challenges that come with serving the public face-to-face. There is no excuse for this poor customer service, but an opportunity for improvement. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Gunnerboy    QVC operates just like department stores do.  When undamaged merchandise is returned by a customer, it's put back for sale.  Do you think Macy's throws clothing out just because it has been returned? 

I would have laundered it and gone about my business.  I've received literally dozens of returned items and they've always been in pristine condition. 

@Kachina624 @Q4u @Gunnerboy 

Yes, returns can be resold, but if these are returns are not in new condition they are SUPPOSED TO BE sold as an "AS IS" item...and the customer is supposed to score low prices on "as is" products.   @Gunnerboy I would email QVC's social team so you get refunded your original shipping and cost of return label since this was charged full price and not designated as a return and an "as is" product due to its condition.
Their EMAIL is-----QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com---- give them your full name, nickname you use on your account and phone number. 

What is an AS IS item on QVC?
This product may be a customer return, vendor sample, discontinued inventory, or on-air display and is not in its originally manufactured condition. In some instances, these items are repackaged by QVC. Accordingly, the manufacturer may not honor any original warranty.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I've received new items that were customer returns (you can tell by the label on the plastic bag).  BUT they were in new condition:  tags, spare buttons, etc. all present.

I have no problems with those but, if something was clearly not in new condition, I'd return it marked "defective" and state why.

I've returned clothing in the past; not very often but, when I do, I return it immediately.  If it isn't what I expected, doesn't fit, don't like the color, back it goes.  No wearing it for a month and then returning it, regardless of what the Q's return policy is.

If I order "New", I expect it to be in pristine condition, even if another customer has returned it.  If I order "As Is", I expect a lower price.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a difference between "tried on" and "worn" IMO.  When I return something, I fold it nicely and package it back up just like I received it and return it right away. 

My conscience won't let me do anything else.  And I certainly don't wear it.  Not fair.  Sometimes I can tell without even opening it if I don't like it, i.e. color, etc.