Honored Contributor

Re: Unofficial Survey - QVC Please Take Notes

The only reason I'm buying less QVC than I did at one time is that I'm buying less everywhere.  I'm just not in love with shopping the way I used to be -  probably because there's just way too much already in the house!

Honored Contributor

@PalmBeach wrote:

Why have you have limited your viewing and/or purchasing from QVC? 

These are my reasons:

1. 2-4 hour long shows from the same brands over and over - stop it!

2. Not enough new brands - they’re out there go find them!

3. Too many celebrities pushing their products - no comment!

4. Your daily show lineup doesn’t provide enough variety - boring! 

I discovered other channels.  So that limits what I purchase on Q, most of the time other channels have reasonable prices, faster shipping.

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99

Well said!!!

Tried to post regarding the “trial” of pre recorded shows airing from the hours of 2 am to 7 am. I am very upset that the QVC main the channel cornering the home shopping market as succumbed to the fate of the other lesser shopping stations. Perhaps you need to widen your product lines to be more inclusive rather than cut your program hours. I enjoy watching as I work and live on the sleep hours. I have been a loyal QVC shopper for some 20 years and would watch more if you included menswear as well as clothing for a younger and hipper age trend as well as no shopping network offers business wear and or formal wear for men or women. If you offered more variety I think you would have a better chance of keeping up with your competition of online retailers. Currently I am very disappointed with this 4 week trial of yours and encourage other shoppers to post their thoughts!
Honored Contributor

I only watch "fashion" shows.   No fashion show ... I'm not watching.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch much less than I used to because I don't care for many of the hosts.  My opinion only but I prefer well spoken professional hosts, it's a shopping channel not a varity or comedy show.  (where is Katie McGee)

Respected Contributor

Thanks to the new taping  and re-airing of shows and the 3 QVC channels, I can now watch 24 hours of In The Kitchen With David and/or Shoe Shopping With Jane.  This is why I'm no longer watching at all and not shopping either!!!

Honored Contributor

my viewing has not been limited and my purchasing has not stopped.

i predominantly shop online and watch videos of the items i am interested in.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I'm still buying ....... not as much as I used to mainly because it seems to be the "same ole same ole" stuff. I'm also not watching the shows as much. Agree ...... need to get some new products and not have the same products/companies over and over. My main reason for not watching is I'm tired of also seeing the same "host" over and over agsin. Seems every time I think about watching either David or Jane is on. Boring! I can't imagine when I was young wanting to buy a shoe my Mother (grandmothrr) would be recommending. And, as I've mentioned before I like David but when a host is on too much you soon learn their mannerisms and know just about what they are going to say or do. Plus ..... and I know some will disagree with me ..... I'm tired of hearing him say "happy dance". Sadly, I do what one of the other posters said ..... I mute the TV if I'm watching. I've been with QVC from the beginning so I'm not young .... but even at my age I think some younger more vibrant host (as well as some new products) would draw more interest).  ******Another thing I agree with ....  do something about the quality of the products they sell. I have cut myself 3 times on broken purchases and returned alot of defective products lately.  *****

Honored Contributor

Bottom line, viewership increases sales. I know a lot of people say they don't watch, just shop online, but the more people see the more they are going to buy. 

But we are seeing so little on QVC anymore, no matter how many hours we watch. The same few products and brands repeated over and over. Millions of items in stock, but they show only the same few. 

And all the repeat programming on QVC 2 was boring, but now on QVC main channel overnight? Really? what are they thinking. There are so many people who are up all night for many reasons, and the night owls on the west coast are really up a creek if looking for live programming. 

QVC, get more new products, get more of what is already in stock but never seen on air, stop the repeats.