New Contributor

Unofficial Survey - QVC Please Take Notes

[ Edited ]

Why have you have limited your viewing and/or purchasing from QVC? 

These are my reasons:

1. 2-4 hour long shows from the same brands over and over - stop it!

2. Not enough new brands - they’re out there go find them!

3. Too many celebrities pushing their products - no comment!

4. Your daily show lineup doesn’t provide enough variety - boring! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Unofficial Survey - QVC Please Take Notes

No, none of this bothers me, and I'm still ordering about as I always have.  I just don't watch the shows and haven't in maybe 5 or 6 years. But I still order. 

Trusted Contributor

I would do some ordering in the wee hours but as long as the repeats continue I just turn the channel.  I have trouble sleeping so I always enjoyed QVC during those hours.  

Because of their programming during those hours I just make it a point not to have it on during those hours and also not ordering during those hours.  

Will it do any good, I highly doubt it but it makes me feel better.

Honored Contributor

None of the above. I purchase something when I think I'm getting a good deal. My one & only complaint is that HI & AK are always excluded from free shipping events. I don't understand why, for one day, they don't include us. Oh well, I guess it keeps me from going hog wild with the Speed Buy button.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

QVC is watched in 85 million homes, and 190,000 shoppers click the purchase button every single day. Not every week or every year - every single day. I don’t know how many contributors visit the forums every single day, but judging by the handful of same names we all see on a regular basis, I hardly think a poll taken here could reflect the opinion of the aforementioned number of people who actually shop the network.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

I can't say that I've limited my viewing.....never did watch a whole lot.

Honored Contributor

Your list has been discussed here quite a few times.  

Other reasons for me that were already mentioned by me here in the past, are overall poor quality control, defective, damaged products, inconsistent sizing, quality of workmanship, and fabrics.  Lack of program creativity and constantly seeing the same vendors, products, and similar styles.

I've been most successful with gardening products.  The worst, clothing and decor.

My most recent return was a large beautifully made Martha Stewart pumpkin a week ago with water inside that was leaking all over the box.  No...water was not supposed to be inside.  I reordered the pumpkin, received it in perfect condition.  It's gorgeous.

I think buyers need to watch and purchase more than occasionally to experience these problems.

Trusted Contributor

I have bought more in the past six months than in many years before.  I check what is new daily, and order from that group.  I do put items in the "wish list" and check to see the price fluctuations - if an item is reduced substantially in price, I buy it.  But I rarely watch any program now, except for David's shows.  Even then - I have the show on, but listen only.

QVC Customer Care