Honored Contributor

No offense to anyone here but oh puhleeze.  I see so many reviews posted that talk about everything others have listed here as being tabboo in a review.  I see reviews posted when clearly the reviewer hasn't even bought the item. They are complaining because it didn't come in petite or because it sold out so quickly. 

IMO there is no rhyme or reason to how the reviews are posted.  I honestly have started to think every X number of reviews submitted are posted and every X number declined, regardless of what they say. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Unfavorable Review?

[ Edited ]

I've had really good luck with as is merch. I bought 2 pairs of the spanx camo leggings as is and they both came nicely packaged and nothing was wrong with them. I've bought a few other things and had the same experience. Then again wether something was boxed nicely or wadded up I'd wash it then try it on. I never really pay attention to wether my reviews go through or not. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I've had really good luck with as is merch. I bought 2 pairs of the spanx camo leggings as is and they both came nicely packaged and nothing was wrong with them. I've bought a few other things and had the same experience. Then again wether something was boxed nicely or wadded up I'd wash it then try it on. I never really pay attention to wether my reviews go through or not. 

Guess my post lost in translation. Personally have ordered as is items in the past no problems with the garment or shipping and handling. This experience, Has to do with the garment lack of quailty and design. Not sure? Where or even the mystery fabric? But! Assure you! Dress has to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
Respected Contributor

Re: Unfavorable Review?

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

No offense to anyone here but oh puhleeze.  I see so many reviews posted that talk about everything others have listed here as being tabboo in a review.  I see reviews posted when clearly the reviewer hasn't even bought the item. They are complaining because it didn't come in petite or because it sold out so quickly. 

IMO there is no rhyme or reason to how the reviews are posted.  I honestly have started to think every X number of reviews submitted are posted and every X number declined, regardless of what they say. 

I too have seen items reviewed that talk about other things besides the actual garment. I see Harry Slatkin has all 5 star reviews for his 3-wick candles and as I read many of them, they are saying how they love his candles and are glad he is back on QVC. They are not reviewing the candle that is for sale, just glad to see him on QVC. Why are these reviews posted?

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I too have seen items reviewed that talk about other things besides the actual garment. I see Harry Slatkin has all 5 star reviews for his 3-wick candles and as I read many of them, they are saying how they love his candles and are glad he is back on QVC. They are not reviewing the candle that is for sale, just glad to see him on QVC. Why are these reviews posted?

@DJs mom I saw those reviews for Harry Slatkin's candles, too. Those things don't even ship until September...how can the Q possibly allow "reviews" about them? I see that kind of thing a lot with TSV's. People post a review to complain that their size isn't available, or ask for changes to length, color, etc. The ones I really "like" are the ones that say something like "I just ordered this beautiful (whatever) and know I'm going to love it! I'll be back to update my review once I've received my order! Um...no you won't. QVC doesn't allow update of reviews or posting of a 2nd review.

Honored Contributor

You really take a chance with AS IS items and I have had many reviews that were not published and have always stuck to the so called rules.

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Reviews will not be accepted if you review the way the item was packaged, shipping errors like wrong color,or size being received or the length of time it took to,receive the item.  Reviews are restricted to comments about the actual item itself.  You can talk about fit, quality of fabric, for clothing for example but not other things not directly associated with the item itself.

And how absurd that they have NO PROBLEM posting "reviews" from people who never even bought the product they are "reviewing."    I write a lot of reviews but I'm beginning to think I waste my time; the whole review process needs to be amended.  

Honored Contributor

@IMW @Sweet_Serenity  If you bring up issues in a review which would normally be handled by CS like something being wrinkled or in some sort of poor condition, you got slow shipping, wrong color etc., that is considered to be not a review of the performance of the item and usually will not be published. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment