Honored Contributor

Re: Unbearable!!!!

[ Edited ]

@Shogirl wrote:

I totally agree with you, KYToby!  I seldom watch QVC due to various reasons of my own; however, I check their website daily and place on-line orders all of the time.  I don't even call to deal with customer service reps - on-line ordering is the way to go!

I shop exclusively via the website too, but I did used to turn the channel on occasionally to get a better visual perspective of some items than one can get online. When the on-air behaviors make it unlikely for me to do so, it does impact my choices to purchase or not. Moreover, it's not just the hosts and vendors, it's the all around vibe and their overall programming that has limited my choice to watch.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Come here for amusement 😛
Frequent Contributor

I have to agree.  The hosts have terrible voices for TV.  They're either too shrill, too condescending or too manic.  Awful.  Watching less and less because of the carnival barker atmosphere!

Esteemed Contributor

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

I find QVC ten times better to watch, host-wise, than HSN.  Now that place is truly unbearable.

Honored Contributor

@jenjen1127 wrote:

This is a forum where people are allowed to view and discuss THEIR opinions.  If YOU do not like reading other people's opinion, don't read the forum!

In other words, you get to post your opinion and anyone who disagrees with does not get to do so? Not how it works.

Respected Contributor
The one reason I will watch a presentation is for the demos and the 3-D view that are lacking in print ads. The videos are very helpful but only are available if the product has previously aired, so I watch on air if it's a new product I find interesting. Maybe it's a generational thing but the loud overtaking, squealing, and hyper presentations have a 5-minute life span with me and then I just mute or turn the TV off. Not all hosts do this, but many do, and sometimes only when paired with certain vendors. Although QVC seems to be making a profit during these boisterous shows, that is not the whole story. Maybe they would increase their sales if they could find a middle ground between snooze and manic. As for the family story tellers, I don't mind hearing one if it is pertinent to the product and short. However, when the stories are inserted without taking a breath into the middle of a long run-on sentence and totally contrived it can get overbearing.
Honored Contributor

Hate having to agree with the OP (because I think the hosts work hard for their money), but I must. It was just... to much. First time I turned ITKWD off (when I was planning on having it on).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@giddy up wrote:

I find QVC ten times better to watch, host-wise, than HSN.  Now that place is truly unbearable.

I disagree with you about HSN.  Years ago, I would say that was true, but not now.  I don't care for all their hosts (Shannon being one), but overall, I feel they are much more professional in the way the present themselves both in how they speak and dress.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@jenjen1127 wrote:

This is a forum where people are allowed to view and discuss THEIR opinions.  If YOU do not like reading other people's opinion, don't read the forum!

In other words, you get to post your opinion and anyone who disagrees with does not get to do so? Not how it works.

I don't think that's precisely what's being said. It's a given, or should be, that we all have the capacity to express reasoned opinion, but when some posters come onto a thread, knowing full well what the gist of the thread is going to be and that they're going to disagree with it, only to then lambaste others for their opinions, then there's something at least a little off kilter. It's one thing to come onto a thread and express a different point of view, it's altogether something else when rather glaring attempts to debase, devalue, demean and infantalize others for feeling as they do are the methods routinely employed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...