Honored Contributor

Re: Ugh, anyone else sick of endless CIJ shows?

@shaggygirl wrote:

Along with Gourmet Holiday.

I could be wrong on this, but I think the reason for so many cooking shows is that a lot of people don't want to go out shopping a lot right now. That certainly is the case with me. QVC can fill a need for the consumer by offering a lot of food shows and it also is good business for them. I would guess that their sales for food have gone up since the coronavirus came into our lives.

I used to order food from QVC sporadically, but every since the virus, I have not only been home more and watching more TV than usual, but I like the idea that food is delivered to me and the many food shows QVC has had, have filled that need.

I don't see any of the holiday food presented as something I have to wait until Christmas to enjoy, so I have been ordering them for now, and also for later in the year.

This way I limit my time in the grocery store for just things like fresh fruits and vegetables. Amazon pretty much takes care of everything else for me.

Respected Contributor

No matter what QVC presents, there will always be those of us who aren't interested in the products.  Not sure why it's a big deal what they show.  I have no interest in buying clothing or cosmetics, so I rarely tune in.  No biggie. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Along with Gourmet Holiday.

I could be wrong on this, but I think the reason for so many cooking shows is that a lot of people don't want to go out shopping a lot right now. That certainly is the case with me. QVC can fill a need for the consumer by offering a lot of food shows and it also is good business for them. I would guess that their sales for food have gone up since the coronavirus came into our lives.

I used to order food from QVC sporadically, but every since the virus, I have not only been home more and watching more TV than usual, but I like the idea that food is delivered to me and the many food shows QVC has had, have filled that need.

I don't see any of the holiday food presented as something I have to wait until Christmas to enjoy, so I have been ordering them for now, and also for later in the year.

This way I limit my time in the grocery store for just things like fresh fruits and vegetables. Amazon pretty much takes care of everything else for me.

@World Traveler 

I don't doubt that you are 100% correct in your reasoning as to WHY. 

Trusted Contributor

I like Christmas as well as the next guy but not for six months before Christmas.  November and December are more than enough.  

Honored Contributor

I don't watch QVC all that much, but if a Christmas show is on I usually do watch. I have to say the clothing, makeup, shoes, etc. are a big bore for me and repetitive. I do like the kitchen and food shows.

Occasional Contributor

I am sick of the christmas in the july shows. It has been 95 degrees here for weeks. Not thinking about christmas right now.

Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

No matter what QVC presents, there will always be those of us who aren't interested in the products.  Not sure why it's a big deal what they show.  I have no interest in buying clothing or cosmetics, so I rarely tune in.  No biggie. 

Yes, we all like different things. I actually love the cosmetic shows & that's what I mostly tune in for. I don't care to see days and hours on end of Christmas knicknacks. I mean, how much of that stuff---little glass santas, sleighs, & other x-mas decor---does one need?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's just like people tell everyone else here who complains.  If you don't like it, you can change the channel and not watch it.  I love it, I need it and so do others and every single year the CIJ haters come out to play on this forum.  All year long the CIJ lovers have to either put up with all the other shows or not watch QVC.  Same deal.

"I never changed, I just learned."
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

I think its so important to buy LOCALLY made gifts and to spend my money to support our local merchants. Do not need Made in China......especially now, when so many small businesses are struggling and will continue to.  Think before you buy.