Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ugh! Why does it seem all hosts & vendors are XXS

@KKJ wrote:

Watching Amy with Renee and Amy said she wears the tight leggings in XXS (of course).  Also, Renee too was in XXS as well as model Dee Dee.   Just seems weird as I'm very petite and thin but even I don't wear XXS!   Just hard to believe sometimes as I remember when LR did fashion shows she too would always claim to wear an XXS.  I was like   "Say what?"

Actually, I think Amy wears an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXS !!!

She seems to repeat her size ad nauseum.  She is as "cute as a button," but I don't watch her too often.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I am approximately the same size as Shawn. 5'7" 142 lbs. I do NOT wear an xs or even a small. More like a medium or even at times a large. There is no way she and tiny little Amy would wear the same size.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee I always smile at how huffy Shawn gets when Isaac suggests she would look better in one size up. I have to agree with him but no way is she going to do it.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 Totally agree with you! I've heard IM say that to her before and she gets very annoyed by it. How dare someone say that!?! LOL  It amuses the heck out of me to hear him say it and her reaction.

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@febe1 Totally agree with you! I've heard IM say that to her before and she gets very annoyed by it. How dare someone say that!?! LOL  It amuses the heck out of me to hear him say it and her reaction.

Really?  That is crazy. And that's what I don't get. Why is it SO important for some of these hosts--and models and vendors---to be a size XXS?   Just be what you are for Pete's sake. There's no shame in being S,M,L or XL.  Now Amy, yes, she looks like she can fit in XXS, but SK?  Not sure about that.  And as I said in earlier post, LR would always insist she was XXS. Her clothes must've been tight!

Honored Contributor

@KKJ    I believe that some of the women wish they were an XXS and even  if it's tight, they are going to get in it.  LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@KKJ    I believe that some of the women wish they were an XXS and even  if it's tight, they are going to get in it.  LOL

@Katcat1  I have read it is the stylist Anthony who says that is makes the women look thinner. I don't think it's the models decision and I think Anthony needs glasses.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC definitely has vanity sizing that is absolutely larger & out of the box of regular retail sizing.  I do believe that Amy S & Courtney K are xs or xxs becasue they are so tiny in general.  Sometimes the vendor's sizing & the cut of garments also make a difference no matter where you shop.  For example D&C run more generous than GILI so I am different sizes on top.  I've gotten to the age where I still want to look nice but I am not obsessed with the number.  I wear what looks good & fits my body as it is.  Sometimes we women are so hard on ourselves.  And I can't pretend I have the same body I did 30 years ago.  In that respect I think MaryBeth is always honest and gracious when she does a fashion show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Despite the vanity sizing, hosts on TV make sure they are thin.  They hit the gym and diet.  It's TV after all.something liked 90% of actors (female or even male) keep themselves thin.  Nearly all the hosts are thin.  The exceptions are Carolyn and Mary Beth.  But none of the hosts are obese. In front of the camera, not only are required to be thin, but be fit too.  When you are thin....everything is thin.  Your back, your feet, your shoulders, etc.  Everything.  Even your breasts (which are semi permanent to begin with) will shrink. Your face gets thin the fastest and stays thin.  Unfortunately a thin face tends to be unattractive. I'm 112 so I know what I'm talking about.  

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@GinaV24 @From my view, it's a chest issue with Shawn. She's well endowed and the girls are larger in proportion than the rest of her, so she chooses to get sizes that fit her shoulders, hips, neck and arms rather than her chest. It's only in the chest area that some garments pull on her.