Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh! Why does it seem all hosts & vendors are XXS

Last night, Shawn stated THREE DIFFERENT HEIGHTS.  First, she said she was 5'6", then she said 5'5" then she was 5'4-1/2".  Personally, I don't care how tall she is, but which one is it??!!  I don't know why she says she's an XXS or even XS when she her chest and caboose is so much bigger than, say, Amy who I believe truly is an XXS or XS.  NOT bashing Shawn, just try to gauge my size by what she says.  I wouldn't think any more or less of anyone if they said they were their true size, it just might be better for customers.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps they tell us that so we'll purchase a smaller size then normal, and feel terrific, and THEN HAVE TO RETURN to get our real size generating shipping cost revenue.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

I think you have the right idea.  I have always thought that Shipping is a QVC "cash cow."

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids Jane T. Is still saying she's an XS.  If that's accurate, I'm a M, and I'm not.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Watching Amy with Renee and Amy said she wears the tight leggings in XXS (of course).  Also, Renee too was in XXS as well as model Dee Dee.   Just seems weird as I'm very petite and thin but even I don't wear XXS!   Just hard to believe sometimes as I remember when LR did fashion shows she too would always claim to wear an XXS.  I was like   "Say what?"

@KKJ 

Shortly after Lisa left QVC, she said on Facebook she was size 8 and weighed 130 lbs.  She's 5' 6". I don't remember her thin enough to wear a size xxs.  

Both Shawn and Carolyn said most of the hosts wear shapers.  Depending on how much spandex, they could go down a size, and it's still obvious some wear their clothing too tight.  They could probably go up one or two sizes.  

They have a stylist, though, who says they look best in smaller sizes.  

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Love my grandkids Jane T. Is still saying she's an XS.  If that's accurate, I'm a M, and I'm not.

I am 4ft 11 and I weigh 100 pounds and I am a extra extra large. That is how dumb it sounds when they are NOT a XXS.   On that note, I think I will have a donut.  LOLOLOLOL

Esteemed Contributor

Many customers, including me, get information from what a host and model say. It would be working against the company on sales to lie about their size.

I think most tell the truth about what size they're wearing; however, they're not wearing the correct size.

SK is one of the worst offenders. Isaac has told her quite a few times she is in the wrong size and he doesn't like tight clothing. She takes a great deal of pride in being an XXS. She doesn't care if it's too tight across the chest, can't button a jacket, ill fittidng in back ... just so it's XXS.

Jane T, I believe tells the truth. She is very small on top. She's said she's a XS on top and a size 8 on the high side on the bottom. She could squeeze in a knit size 8, but would have to be a l0 twill on the bottom.

Amy & Courtney could probably go XXXS. They're just very tiny, straight up and down. They look best when they wear the smallest size there is. 

The model Blair has a great healthy, curvy figure. She looks and acts happy, looks good, and doesn't care about sizes!

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Watching Amy with Renee and Amy said she wears the tight leggings in XXS (of course).  Also, Renee too was in XXS as well as model Dee Dee.   Just seems weird as I'm very petite and thin but even I don't wear XXS!   Just hard to believe sometimes as I remember when LR did fashion shows she too would always claim to wear an XXS.  I was like   "Say what?"

@KKJ  ... except J T ..... SHE WEARS AN XXXXXXXS 😂🤣😂🤣

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@coffee drinker - Similar would go for Carolyn Gracie who still claims to wear a size "Large". If I went by her 'guide' then I would need to order an XXS, which would be incorrect . Appears that most hosts are using a bit of the Lisa Rinna attitude that wearing anything larger than XS or XXS makes women less attractive.

Something I notice quite frequently is that clothing in larger sizes (medium and on up) are sold out while there is plenty of availability (in all colors) in XS and XXS.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

Last night, Shawn stated THREE DIFFERENT HEIGHTS.  First, she said she was 5'6", then she said 5'5" then she was 5'4-1/2".  Personally, I don't care how tall she is, but which one is it??!!  I don't know why she says she's an XXS or even XS when she her chest and caboose is so much bigger than, say, Amy who I believe truly is an XXS or XS.  NOT bashing Shawn, just try to gauge my size by what she says.  I wouldn't think any more or less of anyone if they said they were their true size, it just might be better for customers.

@BarbiHollywood - That's odd, especially all the height differences in the same show. I remember watching part of her show a while back when she stated that she was 5' 7".  

F/N/A luvstogarden