Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh! Why does it seem all hosts & vendors are XXS

@Mindy D wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@febe1 Totally agree with you! I've heard IM say that to her before and she gets very annoyed by it. How dare someone say that!?! LOL  It amuses the heck out of me to hear him say it and her reaction.

@GinaV24 @From my view, it's a chest issue with Shawn. She's well endowed and the girls are larger in proportion than the rest of her, so she chooses to get sizes that fit her shoulders, hips, neck and arms rather than her chest. It's only in the chest area that some garments pull on her. 

Even more reason for her to wear a bigger size top IMO.  I too am larger on top than bottom.  I wear size 2 jeans/pants but am bigger in chest (bust) and shoulders so actually wear size M and sometimes Large in tops. Of course, with Q's vanity sizing I can wear a S in tops, but not XS or XXS!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Carolyn has never claimed to be anything other than a large size. Jane T. used to rattle on and on ad nauseaum that she was an XS. Those days are long gone.

@Love my grandkids 

I actually believed it with Jane T, because she is very small up top. 

Esteemed Contributor

o

@Still Raining wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

Watching Amy with Renee and Amy said she wears the tight leggings in XXS (of course).  Also, Renee too was in XXS as well as model Dee Dee.   Just seems weird as I'm very petite and thin but even I don't wear XXS!   Just hard to believe sometimes as I remember when LR did fashion shows she too would always claim to wear an XXS.  I was like   "Say what?"

Renee looks be slender and slender hipped and Amy is just small.

The XXS has a hip of 35' or so, sounds right right to me.  Especially for leggings.

One of my DDs is smaller than Amy (based on looks) and her hips are smaller than this.  Just a little shrimp I produced 😍

@Still Raining   well the measurements listed are not your exact measurements,  I leaned that years ago .    You need to be 3" to 4" smaller then tbe listed measurements .  That's how it's set up as far as I've found .   The hosts years ago used to always say that.    So Amy's hips would have to be 31" or 32" she doesnt the look that small to me anyways.

it seems to me that so e hosts feel anything over xxs is bad .    It's just a number ,  besides no body watching really cares what size the host is.    Very vain 

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

Last night, Shawn stated THREE DIFFERENT HEIGHTS.  First, she said she was 5'6", then she said 5'5" then she was 5'4-1/2".  Personally, I don't care how tall she is, but which one is it??!!  I don't know why she says she's an XXS or even XS when she her chest and caboose is so much bigger than, say, Amy who I believe truly is an XXS or XS.  NOT bashing Shawn, just try to gauge my size by what she says.  I wouldn't think any more or less of anyone if they said they were their true size, it just might be better for customers.

@BarbiHollywood   I know I've heard her do that before .    I agree with you on Shawn not being an xxs or Xs as she is busty like I am so I have to go up a size in certain clothes because of that .   She like some  others, not all hosts but some ,  have a problem admitting there real size which doesn't help us viewers trying to gauge what size to order .

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbella262 wrote:

I think Jane is a 14 on the bottom.  I have seen her in person and she is no XS not even close.  Maybe the top she can say is a small but certainly not in pants vanity or no vanity sizing

@Shelbella262   Oh I totally agree!   Jsne has very wide hips and I think a 14 sounds about right which is a Large and nothing wrong with that .

Super Contributor

Television ads 10 pounds to people.  They probably are really small.  I am not very small but I don't see anything wrong with that at all!  

Esteemed Contributor

That representative for NYDJ's, doesn't tell everyone to size down for nothing! Smiley Happy 

I pick a host who resembles my figure, and it sure doesn't help me for her to tell tales.

Carolyn is so comfortable in her body, I'm surprised she likes to go smaller if possible. She looks much thinner when in the correct size, and when not, looks kind of frumpy.. 

SK wears everything XS or XXS, no matter what. Jackets and cardigans can't be closed or sucked in to close one button. She couldn't be a XXS or XS in bottoms. She's not a tiny person, top or bottom.

Hosts should try a lot to help the customer with sizes. They want to wear the clothes, help them with lots of help with size.

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

Last night, Shawn stated THREE DIFFERENT HEIGHTS.  First, she said she was 5'6", then she said 5'5" then she was 5'4-1/2".  Personally, I don't care how tall she is, but which one is it??!!  I don't know why she says she's an XXS or even XS when she her chest and caboose is so much bigger than, say, Amy who I believe truly is an XXS or XS.  NOT bashing Shawn, just try to gauge my size by what she says.  I wouldn't think any more or less of anyone if they said they were their true size, it just might be better for customers.

@BarbiHollywood - That's odd, especially all the height differences in the same show. I remember watching part of her show a while back when she stated that she was 5' 7".  

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@BarbiHollywood - That's odd, especially all the height differences in the same show. I remember watching part of her show a while back when she stated that she was 5' 7".  

@Mimi 1883   I am 100% honest.  She stated 3 different heights in about the first 10 minutes of her show.  If I could recall the date or which show or something, I would point everyone to it.  The only reason even why I remember her saying it was because she said 3 different heights.  

Super Contributor

I think model Jacki is an xlarge. She's ALWAYS saying she's a large  even when things are oversized.  So much for embracing our size, loving how we are, inclusiveness.  Yawn, heard it all before.  Save the phonyness for your daughters.  I don't need any preaching. I'm good with my size 14 body. Its all mine! 

Contributor

I agree with this, it's just annoying because it isn't helpful.  I'm usually a medium to large, and rarely are the clothes modeled in those sizes.  It would be a nice mid-point so you could gauge if you should go up or down, ya know?  With all the XXS's, there's just nowhere to go but up!