Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh! Why does it seem all hosts & vendors are XXS

@maximillian   I'm sure it is.  Although the cost may seem low ($6.95), my guess is QVC is paying about $3.00 or less for it.

I handle shipping for my company and generate the shipping labels with the costs, and it's very low to the company based on agreements we have with the shipping companies.  Nothing like what the consumer pays.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

I am 5' 2" and normally wear size 0-2. I live very close to the QVC outlet and can tell you the sizes vary greatly depending on designer. 

I can wear the QVC XXS in most tops.

Their pants are huge in size 2! Most definitely vanity sizing.

There are many clothes at the outlet and I understand why. Even variations in sizing from the same designer!

Sorry, I just don't believe some of the hosts are really XXS or XS as they claim!

Honored Contributor

Any one remember when JT was a S or an XS? Hah!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Thank you,love my Grands. You do remember.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I think the only hosts that are truly a size XXS are Amy, Kirsten, and Courtney.....They are all really tiny. Shawn, Jennifer and others are probably an XS, and then the others are mediums and large.....

Everyone can't be an XXS or even an XS, and I am ok that I am not......Years ago I was, but no longer and that is ok, as long as I am healthy and feel good and look good in my clothing...

QVC is very good at showing larger models, so that everyone can get a good idea of how something will look on all different sizes!

Regular Contributor

I think Jane is a 14 on the bottom.  I have seen her in person and she is no XS not even close.  Maybe the top she can say is a small but certainly not in pants vanity or no vanity sizing

Trusted Contributor

JT says she is a small and Amy a xs or xxs.  I believe Amy..... but sorry I think they are worlds apart.  I don't think JT is a small.  I wish I was a small.....haven't been one in decades.  but trying!!

Honored Contributor

Two words...Vanity Sizing. Personally, I can wear anywhere from an XS at QVC to a Medium, even Large at Zara. I really don't care about my size, though, or anyone else's for that matter. Sizes vary so much with clothing that it hardly means much of anything. Remember some of the "I Love Lucy" episodes, where she wore a size 12 dress? Today, it would be a 2-4. LOL.

Trusted Contributor

@tampalady 

Very distracting to watch Jane T.  She's constantly looking at herself in the monitors and pulling on her clothes.  Maybe if she wore the appropriate size, the clothing might fit her better.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Carolyn has never claimed to be anything other than a large size. Jane T. used to rattle on and on ad nauseaum that she was an XS. Those days are long gone.

And if you notice, most clothing is stretched on them, they usually can't pull the front together. All the models, even the larger girls are all tight fitting, and there is no reason for it. It turns me off on even considering. We all come in different shapes and sizes, and why try to impress each other. Be happy your who you are. Jane T, is so uncomfortable she makes me nervous watching her. so I don't anymore.