Frequent Contributor

Re: Ugh July please be over soon!

Agree!  I find it ridiculous that the Q has so many Christmas shows, but people must be buying otherwise they wouldn’t have them so often.  I also agree with the person who posted about the Hallmark channel having 2weeks of nonstop Christmas movies.  It’s just too much!  But hang on - I believe Hallmark starts up again with their Christmas movie marathon in late October!  

Respected Contributor

Geez.  By your title, I thought you wanted July to fly by because of the heat.  LOL  The Christmas sales don't bother me at all.  I know it's fun for many to plan ahead.  Good for them.  That's not me, but I do like it when these retailers show merchandise for the next season.  I was sick of summer before it even got started.

Super Contributor

Everyone is different.  I, for one, can not wait for the Christmas in July shows, whether it is QVC or Hallmark.  I get very tired of all the clothes, make-up and jewelry all day, every day.  So, you know what?   Instead of complaining, I either turn the tv off or change the channel.  Also get tired of Wendy whinners.  Enjoy CIJ everyone !!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How many times are they going to do this?  Between this and the new Program Guide format, I've had it.  I've voted with my remote. 

ENUF ALREADY!!!!

Honored Contributor

It was fun and something to look forward to when it was a one or even 2 day event.  Now that it's many days during July plus hour blocks of shows, it's overkill.

Unfortunately,  beginning with this Christmas in July events, QVC is full steam ahead for holiday programming.    

Honored Contributor

They start hawking the decor items in July all the way to December.  I think they figured that people will buy because it is an emotional purchase.

When the holiday season rolls around and it is time to decorate,  many people discover that they have way too many items and no place to display it.  They forget about all of the boxes stored away..some with items brand new that have never been used.

if you decorated last year and had enough stuff, you probably have enough for this year too.  Holiday decor is expensive and is only used for a month or two every year.

it's an emotional cycle..love it, buy it, display it for a few days, then put it away.  Then next year, more  emotional purchases, eventually getting too many things.

Then purging brand new hardly used items ( feeling good that you purged) and so the cycle of buying and,purging goes on and on.

Christmas has become the retailers holiday...the time for retailers to reach into your pocket and remove your hard earned cash...and even have you finance to pay them.

Christmas has become a time of year that I no longer look forward to...especially in July.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I never understood why people would want to start Christmas shopping in July.JMO but it’s anticlimactic.

I guess it depends on what your favorite part about Christmas is. If I start buying Christmas presents earlier, I have a lot less to worry about during the actual holidays. My family all lives in another state, so I have deal with the cost and stress of  air travel at Christmas. I've learned that anything I can do to cut down the list of things that need to get done at Christmas is good. Smiley Happy Spending time with my family and friends is the best part for me, not the shopping, so there's nothing anticlimactic about getting it done early. 

And if I do want to shop, I can always shop for myself at Christmas and not worry about not getting something in time for opening presents. 

Honored Contributor

I saw a Christmas tree in a grocery store the other day.  No way!  I hate shows for Christmas in July, August, September and October.  I don't really like them in November and December either.  It's a snooze fest for me.

Honored Contributor

I like to start my Christmas shopping at this time of year so I can spread things out a bit.  However, most of what the Q is showing seems to be decrations.  I doon't need any more decor "stuff".  I'll watch a bit today, between HSN jewelry shows.

Honored Contributor

I Christmas shop early and buy as I see appropriate items.  I am tired of Q's Christmas in July.  How much mercury glass and candles can you have in one home?  I did buy one item from Valerie and it can be left out all year if I choose.  That's it.  I am paring down on decorating and not  buying more Christmas decor or decor period.  I formerly watched a lot of QVC, but now it is totally boring.