Respected Contributor

USPS will be raising shipping cost

[ Edited ]

Per CBS news tonight, Postal Servive will be increasing costs to include $5 per package! That's a lot of money and I'm sure Q will have to increase their charges as well. This could be devastating not only to Q and us, but many smaller businesses. I couldn't believe what I was hearing... but it will be soon. 

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS will be raising shipping cost

@Mustang Shar This has been on the news for a few days now.  I doubt it will be "devastating" to QVC. 

Respected Contributor

Well, paying an additional $5 is making my shopping here too expensive. I order a lot, it is more convenient. However, I'd be better off going to Macy's and buying 3 or 4 items. Think about it, $3.50 plus $5 AND same if you had to return an item. I don't know, have to REALLY rethink any purchase and pass on some.

Valued Contributor

We need a new Postmaster General. Increased costs and fewer deliveries? 

Trusted Contributor

The $5.00 charge is for packages weighing 21 to 70 lbs and the distance they go. I work in shipping and our company had these increases last year during the holidays as well.  I'm sure QVC did too and most customers didn't even notice it.

• $0.75 increase for PM and PME Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes.
  • $0.25 increase for Zones 1-4, 0-10 lbs.
  • $0.75 increase for Zones 5-9, 0-10 lbs.
  • $1.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 11-20 lbs.
  • $3.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 11-20lbs.
  • $2.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 21-70 lbs.
  • $5.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 21-70 lbs.

Esteemed Contributor

My brother has worked for the USPS for decades, and he and his co-workers are getting pretty annoyed at the way the recent and upcoming changes are being communicated in the media and the flak they are getting as a result. Are the changes ideal? No. Does everyone want to pay less and get their packages instantly? Of course. Do the changes affect every single thing you mail or receive in the mail? Nope.

Here are the official publications from the USPS about the changes, in case anyone wants to get the facts instead of just the pieces the media chooses to focus on:

Service Standard Changes (delivery speed)

https://about.usps.com/what/strategic-plans/delivering-for-america/assets/USPS-Fact-Sheet_FCM-Servic...

Pricing Changes (ongoing and temporary)

https://about.usps.com/what/strategic-plans/delivering-for-america/assets/DFA_Pricing_Factsheet.pdf

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2021/0810-usps-announces-proposed-temporary-rate-a...

Honored Contributor

The increase is temporary through the Christmas season.

Increases are up to $5.00, not all packages.

See increases here on USPS website.

U.S. Postal Service Announces Proposed Temporary Rate Adjustments for 2021 Peak Holiday Season - New...

Super Contributor

Of course with the holidays coming.. If QVC goes any higher I am done..when I see that $5.50 charge its just too much . It takes forever to get your purchases and its just well too much

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar   Even when I bought an Electrolux from QVC, it didn't weigh enough to trigger a $5 increase.  Wish you had included more specifics.  I am not fearful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc  Thank you for the clarification and the link.  I am totally on the side of the postal workers and the services they provide.

They earn every cent of their wages.

I know why they get upset.  Few seem to understand the unique requirements unnder which they work; people should read and digest the last sentence above the ### very carefully and do a little more digging affter that.  The current Postmaster General is not helping the situation either.  

aroc3435

Washington, DC