Highlighted
Super Contributor

USPS STRIKES AGAIN... SIGH...

I made the mistake of ordering an outfit to wear on New Years Eve. It was shipped appropriately by QVC to Portland. I live in Oregon.

From Portland, it was shipped to Oklahoma City, OK. Now the projected arrival date is January 2.

I hate USPS...

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS STRIKES AGAIN... SIGH...

USPS seems to make a lot of mistakes or at least their sorting machines do.  Probably the result of a low bid.  Sorry about your ruined New Year's Eve outfit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I know....it’s infuriating. My shipment tracking showed that it was in my neighborhood, then back on the truck to who knows where. I never received it. Crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC needs to ship UPS.Whenever they ship USPS it's always on the slow boat to China!!

Respected Contributor

oh boy @SchippyLuv I'm sorry that USPS got it wrong. I had a LOT of misdirected or not delivered packages in 2019.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel all the delivery companies are having issues now.  The help is extremely overworked and probably shouldn't be driving as many hours in a day as they do.

Some of my family are postal workers and I would never want their job.   My sister in law works 7 days a week from Thanksgiving until New Years......I try to cut them all some slack.

Super Contributor

So sorry that you might not get your outfit in time.  Sometimes USPS can correct mistakes and get your packages to you sooner than the estimated time.  Maybe you can wear the new outfit for Valentine's Day if it arrives too late.

Super Contributor

Unfortunately, it’s not just USPS. I’ve had 2 orders from QVC go lost in December from UPS. Just.....lost in shipping. Q sent me another. I’ve pretty much stopped shopping, for now anyway. (I had an empty package this summer. I really don’t trust it much anymore.) 

Honored Contributor

@SchippyLuv wrote:

I made the mistake of ordering an outfit to wear on New Years Eve. It was shipped appropriately by QVC to Portland. I live in Oregon.

From Portland, it was shipped to Oklahoma City, OK. Now the projected arrival date is January 2.

I hate USPS...

I doubt it's USPS's fault.  

Q's standard shipping mail is handled by a 3rd party (not USPS) and it will always go to a hub before it goes to you.  Most of Q's mail is moved from post office to post office by a 3rd party shipper. A lot of these shippers wait until a location has enough mail to make it worthwhile to pick up.   

A company like Q should be able to get a decent contract with USPS and UPS to avoid using 3rd party shippers.  Who knows why they chose the cheapest and most unreliable option.  

Q is notorious for slow and unreliable shipping.   If you ordered it in the last 3 weeks, it shouldn't surprise you or anyone that you haven't received it.   

Valued Contributor

@carlycat wrote:

Unfortunately, it’s not just USPS. I’ve had 2 orders from QVC go lost in December from UPS. Just.....lost in shipping. Q sent me another. I’ve pretty much stopped shopping, for now anyway. (I had an empty package this summer. I really don’t trust it much anymore.) 

Years ago I had called customer service to find out where a package might be and they said I had to give it a certain number more days before they could credit me. They would also be checking further with the USPS because it was stuck someplace. A few days later I received the packing notice in the standard brown envelope not attached to anything. It looked like it had never been attached to anything, so no wonder it got lost. I called customer service again and expected them to assume I was lying about it as I had never before or since had that happen, and the person did not seem surprised at all. Not happy here but at least customer service was okay to deal with.