Honored Contributor

Re: UPS to USPS

[ Edited ]

You can change this by setting up a MyChoice account on UPS.com. I added the option to have UPS keep and deliver packages instead of passing then to USPS. That was $19 for a year.

Super Contributor

Re: UPS to USPS

[ Edited ]

I did the same. I have had a few that the "switch" didn't work and USPS eventually delivered it but for the most part it's successful. UPS here is good. I wish we could choose Fed Ex. For me they are the best. They deliver my chemo pills at the exact correct time and are great at communicating.

I think a lot of USPS problems that i had were purely local. Our local PO is infamous!
As an immunocompromised person I tried mailed prescriptions from CVS.....I'm stil waiting for one from September 1, TWO-THOUSAND-TWENTY! LOL MY son told me I'd never receive it as it would be stolen....internally. I suspect he was correct. Black market drug sales. Sigh.

Anyhow, my best delivery story for this season so far is one of QVC perishable baked goods, labelled as "SENT" and can't be cancelled......but only a label was created....a month ago. I did a CHAT and they cancelled it for me internally and were super nice about it.

But I did try to call Customer Service last week and the message was that they were too busy to take calls at that time and cut me off. Seriously. LOL

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

So then why can I get a package from JTV in Tennessee in 3 days?? I am in WA state and this is with all that I ordered from them all this year-----have had good shipping from AMZ too, altho a few things were shipped by the 3 stooges---and got them really late or not at all----HSN is better but I won't order from the Q anymore---they are terrible!!!

@wagirl    Yesterday, I got the Iman TS pants from HSN shipped from the same Lancaster, PA., warehouse that QVC uses.  The problem I have is not with the merchant, it's with the shippers.

You ought to get good Amazon service.  They have special deals with shippers where they get preferential treatment, giving them an unfair advantage. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Your situation doesn't sound unusual at all now. As soon as UPS sends a pkg to USPS for delivery, all bets are off on when it will arrive. I have now figured out that UPS doesn't do as much actual delivery as they once did; they mostly do shipping....but when the pkg gets to the city of destination, it goes to the black hole, aka the USPS. I try to track my packages, and sign up for notification of delivery, but it is hit or miss. I had a pkg show up on my porch last week a day early and never did get notified it was delivered. 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a small children's book from Amazon last year; it took 6 weeks to show up. It went from OK City to DFW. Prime, no less!