Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPS not delivering anymore?

My qvc deliveries are arriving by usps. The shipping time is good so far.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had emails from UPS telling me they were already making a stop at my building so they would be delivering my package.  Lately I have had everything I purchased delivered by UPS.

I gather if UPS gets your package. If they are already delivering to the Receiving Room in my condo building that day, they deliver the package.  Since I live in a large condo building that gets many packages, my package gets delivered by UPS.  If not, my package gets handed to USPS for delivery. Of course, this tacks on a day or two for delivery.  

Respected Contributor

Almost everything I ordered, mostly for Christmas, was delivered by USPS and everything arrived very timely with no issues. I live in Maryland and I've seen tons of UPS trucks in my neighborhood since November. I have one package scheduled for delivery today via UPS. I've heard it's been the busiest year regarding online orders, and combine it with bad weather in some parts of the country, there is a big chance things won't get delivered as quickly as promised. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DEBBIE14

I understand what your saying, these days with QVC sometimes the orders are delivered by USPS, and sometimes UPS....I dont know how QVC determines it....it might be that some are shipped by the manufacturer vs items in the QVC warehouses.........It doesnt matter the size of the item either....sometimes its a small package delivered by UPS, and a larger one is delivered by the post office, and then vice versa.........There seems to be no method or madness to how its done.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

I personally don't like the surepost. If UPS can handle my packages for hundred of miles why can't QVC have them to go ahead and deliver to my home instead of USPS. UPS comes several times a day to a company across the street from me so it isn't like they have to come out of the way. If Wally World can send UPS/FedEX sure the Q can too. It's not like we are not paying enough to get it send directly to our homes. Smiley Happy

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

If I order from QVC, 99% of the time it's going to be delivered by USPS. HSN, 30% of the time. Other vendors, it arrives via UPS but returns are usually via USPS. When UPS DOES deliver a package from QVC, it's because they are "already in my area" like others have mentioned. Have to say, the shipping has been fast EXCEPT when it comes via USPS from the start....it may take 2 days with UPS, but more than a week with USPS. WIthout fail, it's the USPS slowing everything up (that I've experienced) with orders.