Respected Contributor

Re: UPS not delivering anymore?

[ Edited ]

@DEBBIE14 wrote:

Nothing ordered lately was delivered by ups. The EDD is a joke. Never on time. My local post office brings all orders now. Extremely slow. I ordered something over a week ago. Was supposed to be here on the 14th. These are xmas presents! Thank goodness we have 10 days to go. Not fair!

In my area of Md. the policy now seems to be that UPS ships the order to a certain point where it is transferred to the Post Office; it sits there until they are ready or able  to deliver it.  One of my previous orders sat in the P.O. for 10 days, until I contacted them. All  orders with the $3.00 shipping fee have been handled that way for a few months now. Here and there I have received a package directly from UPS but it's seldom and when the package is extremely large and the shipping fees are higher.  Wish there was more clarity on this subject.    P.S . USPS just delivered another of my orders...!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm in Maryland also.  And I stand corrected per my previous post.  UPS just delivered a package. (Saturday morning - 11:55AM).  It was nice to see my regular UPS guy.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'm in Maryland also.  And I stand corrected per my previous post.  UPS just delivered a package. (Saturday morning - 11:55AM).  It was nice to see my regular UPS guy.

UPS used to come into my area every day but now that isn't the case.  Now we wave when he does drive by; they are always wonderful guys and sometimes gals.

Esteemed Contributor

Received numerous packages this week - All UPS

Honored Contributor

I see all the delivery services every day, but I have no idea whether what they're delivering is on time or late because I haven't ordered anything for many weeks.  I do have an AD order releasing today -  I really don't care when it gets here, but it will be interesting to see how it fares during this season's crush.

Just before I sat down atr my compiuter here, I went to my local PO to drop a last few cards into the mail.  Although we have a large parking lot, I ended up at the far end of it -  and there was only one other space available.  Inside, the line to mail was huge whether you wanted to see a desk agent or use one of the 2 machines to do it yourself.  I was happy to drop my envelopes and walk away from that chaos!

Honored Contributor

A week or so ago UPS delivered my packages instead of taking them to USPS for them to deliver. I don't think USPS here could handle all the packages.

Respected Contributor

I read the other week that Cyber Monday did more than expected and all the delivery services are trying hard to keep up.  They are all putting in long hours each week.  I give all of them a lot of credit. I see all the delivery services in my area.  I think the size of the package matters.  USPS brings the smaller ones and UPS brings the bigger ones.

New Contributor

Same here.....don't know what's going on with the shipping, but I'm NOT happy. Been a customer  for about 30+ years and  haven't had a problem receiving my orders until recently,  and "Mail Inovations" (whaterever that is) got involved in the shipping process.  

Honored Contributor

I got an UPS order the other day too.

Super Contributor

I live about an hour away from Q's Rocky Mt, NC distro center so I rarely wait more than 3 days for a delivery whether it is UPS or USPS doing the honors.  Amazon and HSN have distro centers within about the same distance as well and the timing is equally good.  I would guesstimate over the past month, UPS has completed about 65% of our deliveries which reflects about a 20% uptick in USPS deliveries.  Where USPS is involved, sometimes the deiivery rolls into the next day but they will make the delivery on a Sat or Sun i/o the following Monday.  Their website tracking is pretty weak but the carriers are great.

My last delivery for the holiday season was yesterday.  I have to give BIG KUDOS to the folks @ UPS and USPS as every single holiday purchase I made this year except 2 -- and including a Dooney 'gift' or 2 to myself haha -- was via online order and UPS and USPS have kept up with everything amazingly well under very challenging circumstances!   Woman Very Happy