Contributor

UPS delivery person unique gift

Policy suggests a small gift around $25.00. I have done Starbuck's cards, Cheryl's cookies and candles in the past. Any new ideas or unique suggestions for that amount?

Super Contributor

Re: UPS delivery person unique gift

Ear muffs, insul. Mug/glass.
Honored Contributor

There's a policy regarding gifts to UPS carriers?

Esteemed Contributor

Last week I ordered 6 boxes of Men Soap Trio from L'Occitane.com - 3 great smelling soaps in a box. I'll be giving out to male friends and a neighbor. I also ordered several sets of travel-size products for female friends. Free shipping over $49. At different price points, u have a choice to buy other products at a much lower cost. These products are from France - and high quality. They shipped from either NY or NJ. I also sent 2 different sets to my friend's daughter, who's in school in Chicago. It was so nice that they shipped directly to her.

At the top of their page, u can click "Black Friday Offers" - great value.

Esteemed Contributor

since I do a lot of baking, I always give my carrier a package of home made baked goods. I do this periodically throughout the year, too, not just at the holidays. He seems to enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm misunderstanding…..are you saying that UPS is suggesting to its customers that they give the drivers a $25 gift, and has a policy indicating that? I would hope that's not the case. I always was under the assumption that they have a policy that limits gifts their drivers can accept to less than $25. Big difference. Can the OP please post their written policy on gifts? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

If u need a nice gift for a female, I purchased, and just tried on, La Collection deGrasse Mini Set at L'Occitane.com. They're actually a nice size -- 3 in a set for $30.

Honored Contributor

It would be nice if you ordered a gift and had it delivered by UPS. Then, when he arrives with your package, you could just hand it right back.

Honored Contributor

I would suggest a gift card--even a $10 for service people, or a card with a $10 (or whatever you feel like) bill inside. Service people work so hard, especially delivery people on the holiday runs, and I'm sure they can use the cash--rather than things you don't know if they need or want or can use.

I also think it is kind of personal to give a "gift" and cash is more appropriate AND more appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I get only one or two UPS deliveries per year so don't think I'll be giving him a gift - I don't even know his name. Hope this doesn't run afoul of the policy.