Valued Contributor

The last few clothing items I ordered from QVC arrived in a white plastic bag as well, as do my prescription drugs.  UPS never knocks or rings the doorbell. USPS always knocks and leaves packages that won't fit into my mailbox and any other mail at my door.  Not sure I'm understanding the problem either.  If it's what you wanted, as Judge Judy says, put a period at the end of it and move on. 

Now when I've ordered from WalMart and even some Amazon items come in nothing but the original box with the label attached.  

Helen852
Trusted Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

That UPS driver needs to be FIRED.  I am sorry no excuses for that stuff.  Do you have a ring doorbell with a video of it?  If so send it to UPS.  I know those delivery people are working hard but there is no excuse for this.

For sure!  I just purchased another tracfone from HSN last week, Tuesday.  The package was placed at my apartment door (inside the building) Friday evening, 7:30 PM,  way ahead of the HSN arrival date of September 4.   And UPS sent me an email saying it was delivered to my apt. door.  I was alittle surprised at this great service.

Honored Contributor

Re: UPS Delivery

[ Edited ]

So I guess paperboys who (used to) toss newspapers onto lawns or porches should all be fired, too.

Honestly, wanting some poor driver, who's probably run ragged as it is, fired because he tossed a soft package onto a porch is pretty harsh.

If he'd left it on the edge of the road or in the driveway (or anywhere else where it could be damaged) that would be different.  (And if he could accurately throw it 15 feet and still land it IN the porch, I'd say good for him.  They are given very little time to make individual deliveries.)  Smiley Frustrated

Regular Contributor

Thank you Dlmin. You are the only person who understood me.  The only reason I mentioned the plain white bag was there was no indication that the package came from QVC until I opened it and found the sweater along with the invoice. The sweater was new and packaged well and not a return. I was confused with UPS name on the label and not QVC.  Tracking history on my account shows it is still in transit.

As far as the driver, I have 2 regular UPS drivers. Since it was Sunday I did not know the driver. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sheesh, I don't think she's questioning the plain white bag... What she appears to be questioning is why she has a different tracking number for the same item and that tracking number indicates it has not yet been delivered. As for tossing the package, while perhaps not ideal, better something non-breakable than the utterly destroyed boxes (and sometimes the contents...) I often seem to get courtesy of Fedex... And no, the driver does not need to be dismissed nor does the company need to get a video of him tossing the package... We might all consider saving our indignation for things of more importance...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Katrinka23 wrote:

Yesterday UPS delivered a package (plain white bag) containing a Denim & Co. Sweater coat. The label has a return address "UPS Overgoods" with a street address in New Stanton, PA. and a tracking no. Upon checking this no. it shows the package has been delivered.   My order history shows a different tracking no. and also indicates the package is still in transit.

So where did this package come from?  Everything inside was intact including the 3_part invoice/label.

I happened to be looking out the window when the truck arrived. The driver threw the bag about 15 feet into my small porch. Thank goodness it was clothing.

@Katrinka23 

I think this explains it---

UPS OVERGOODS--Overgoods” is where contents of packages go when they become separated from their packaging. Either the item fell out of its packaging, or the packaging was destroyed, or maybe just the address label was destroyed or separated.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Sheesh, I don't think she's questioning the plain white bag... What she appears to be questioning is why she has a different tracking number for the same item and that tracking number indicates it has not yet been delivered. As for tossing the package, while perhaps not ideal, better something non-breakable than the utterly destroyed boxes (and sometimes the contents...) I often seem to get courtesy of Fedex... And no, the driver does not need to be dismissed nor does the company need to get a video of him tossing the package... We might all consider saving our indignation for things of more importance...

Exactly!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
  • Usually I  hardly have issue with UPS or USPS,my package are delivered on time if there is a issue of a delay I am send a email. On Friday I was expecting a delivery, from UPS the time of delivery kept changing. At 10.00 p.m emailed stated the my address was incorrect.I double check the informed delivery  my address was correct. When l called the next  day my address was verified,then They stated the Drivers are concern about covid, Informed them my gate was open,and a basket is on my front porch to put the package  (fyi) Someone always home to received deliveries)
  • I told the UPS representative,I track the driver(I have UPS choice) they were in my area for six hours.I told them the Driver must have gotten lost or was new.  Every excuse was used, I shot it down.They apologize,and my package was delivered this morning. The package was beat up,the address was correct,the jewelry was in tact and not damage.
  • Glad I have finish my Christmas shopping early as I always do.This year Christmas delivers will be rough.Shop locally, as 80% of my gifts were purchased or expected deliveries issues. 
Respected Contributor
I had a package out for delivery on Saturday (not a Q package), and noticed in tracking that @ 11:13am it said “attempted delivery”. I was home and received no knock on door. My theory is driver either skipped my building because running behind schedule or UPS was playing games and maybe did not have enough of a load to pay a driver to deliver and that is how they chose to handle it. Since COVID began in March UPS drivers in my area just knock, yell out UPS, and leave package at door. Not a big deal for me because scheduled for delivery today. I do agree that it’s going to get crazy the closer it gets to the holiday’s because people are going to be ordering online due to COVID. That’s why I’m ordering what I want or need for gifts early.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

That UPS driver needs to be FIRED.  I am sorry no excuses for that stuff.  Do you have a ring doorbell with a video of it?  If so send it to UPS.  I know those delivery people are working hard but there is no excuse for this.

Good grief.  So what if the driver tossed an unbreakable item in a plastic bag.