Honored Contributor

Re: UNCOMFORTABLE IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID

I haven't seen enough of Julia to like or dislike her work, but I will say that David has a revolving door on his 'sidekick' social media position. 

People are moved in and out, and I feel it is done for exposure and training of newer hosts. There has been Mary, Stacy, Ali, and maybe others I've forgotten. It's the way they pair a seasoned host with a newer one. 

I think they are training, giving exposure to new hosts in a very highly watched time slot, and grooming them to see if they sink or swim. 

Only problem is I thought Stacy was swimming, but gone anyway, so........

Respected Contributor

Companies are losing all the endearing qualitiess they used to have. As someone who enjoys the act of shopping and remembers the days when it was an "event" to go to the Department Store I cant help but be saddened by what the world has turned into.  Sadly I find myself shopping less and less because the stores and now QVC have made it less enjoyable.

Respected Contributor

@grayhairdontcare I have a feeling Mary D. will also leave. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think I started tiring of QVC when they started the sidekick routine.  One host per show is all they need.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many of you assume an awful lot about David, you know what they say about assuming.

Respected Contributor

I truly doubt he cares who the "sidekick" is.  

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Contributor

I am sorry that QVC let Stacy go. She and David clicked. Julia does not. Why not bring Mary back on Wednesdays too since she has lost her show. QVC is just lost now. So much that needs to be fixed. I have been a customer since day 1 but there are too many things that just make no sense. Too bad for a channel I used to love to watch

Valued Contributor

I'm sure David was sad to lose Stacy. I worked in a place for 35 years that occasionally had reductions in force. Lost a lot of people that I loved working with and were good employees.