Re: UNCOMFORTABLE IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've posted here in the past about my mother's love of ITKWD.  For several years, she's watched almost every show and has spent thousands as she often buys multiples--one for her, one for my sister, and one for me.  I was surprised to learn in recent times that she was watching the game show channels during David's show.  I haven't watched in a while, but the changes must not be good if my mom isn't staying tuned in.  

I'm not a fan of Julia's.  👎

I commented that David should have stood up for Stacey. He could have said " if shes going so am I"...  I bet he his remorseful that he did not do more.

@Reever    You really don't beive this do you? David should have threatened to quit? 

@50Mickey 

As a senior employee, he has the clout to stand up to management when an injustice is done.

@Reever There was no injustice here. It's simply a business decision. David would be a fool to challenge, or threaten his superiors.

QVC's viewers considered Stacey and Antoinella family.  Many were outraged by the decision.  Some said they were even brought to tears so obviously this struck a chord.

@Reever  Struck a cord, yes.  But viewers will adjust to new faces in time.  QVC has an obligation to make money and answer to it's stockholders.  It's a business, not a social club.  Tough decisions are made all the time, if they intend to be around for more years to come.

By the way, don't get too comfortable.  With three channels now only showing repeat programming, and a whole lot of hosts still employed, it would not be surprising to see one or two more let go by the end of the year.  

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've posted here in the past about my mother's love of ITKWD.  For several years, she's watched almost every show and has spent thousands as she often buys multiples--one for her, one for my sister, and one for me.  I was surprised to learn in recent times that she was watching the game show channels during David's show.  I haven't watched in a while, but the changes must not be good if my mom isn't staying tuned in.  

I'm not a fan of Julia's.  👎

I commented that David should have stood up for Stacey. He could have said " if shes going so am I"...  I bet he his remorseful that he did not do more.

@Reever    You really don't beive this do you? David should have threatened to quit? 

@50Mickey 

As a senior employee, he has the clout to stand up to management when an injustice is done.

@Reever There was no injustice here. It's simply a business decision. David would be a fool to challenge, or threaten his superiors.

QVC's viewers considered Stacey and Antoinella family.  Many were outraged by the decision.  Some said they were even brought to tears so obviously this struck a chord.

@Reever  Struck a cord, yes.  But viewers will adjust to new faces in time.  QVC has an obligation to make money and answer to it's stockholders.  It's a business, not a social club.  Tough decisions are made all the time, if they intend to be around for more years to come.

Ive always contended QVC is more than a business. Many people who are homebound and alone rely on QVC.  For some elderly people who live alone they may not get any social intereaction so QVC becomes a means of connecting.  Now more than ever during the pandemic QVC should have realized the importance of stability and the customer/host relationship.

Honored Contributor

@Reever   It was said that QVC let 450 employees go.  They are struggling to stay afloat.  It's better for them to let the employees go and stay in business than to keep them because some people feel the hosts are family.

If they kept everyone because of that they would surely go under sooner rather than later.  They are struggling right now and have to think of their bottom line.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Reever   It was said that QVC let 450 employees go.  They are struggling to stay afloat.  It's better for them to let the employees go and stay in business than to keep them because some people feel the hosts are family.

If they kept everyone because of that they would surely go under sooner rather than later.  They are struggling right now and have to think of their bottom line.  

Im not happy at all with the way businesses are being run today.  It seems employees are completely expendable.  We were told with the advent of the computer there would be less workplace stress but iit seems it is sky high.  I fear for our children just starting out,

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Im not happy at all with the way businesses are being run today.  It seems employees are completely expendable.  We were told with the advent of the computer there would be less workplace stress but iit seems it is sky high.  I fear for our children just starting out,

@Reever   Businesses have always been like that.  When I was in my 20's I had two weeks vacation and went to Florida.  While I was gone, the bank where I worked was taken over by another bank.  The Human Resources Vice President called me in Florida to tell me I needed to come back.  If I didn't they said that whoever wasn't there would lose their job.  I came back immediately and lost a week and a half of vacation time.

Another Vice President was in Hawaii and did not come back.  He lost his job.  I thought that was so unfair.  There are many other instances I could tell you about as far as businesses and their practices.  Businesses looking at their bottom dollar has been common practice for many years, if not forever.  The decision makers don't think of their business as family.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Ive always contended QVC is more than a business. Many people who are homebound and alone rely on QVC.  For some elderly people who live alone they may not get any social intereaction so QVC becomes a means of connecting.  Now more than ever during the pandemic QVC should have realized the importance of stability and the customer/host relationship.

That's entirely your choice and yours alone. Not "many". Just you. QVC has never advertised themselves to be a replacement for family or friends. The "relationship" is purely business. That you've decided to fantasize that's it's personal, while unfortunate, is your choice. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Frequent Contributor

Julia is everything Stacy wasn't....loud, over the top, hard looking, kind of a phoney and definitely taking Shawn K's attitude from her stint on Martha Stewart Apprentice..."Fake it til you make it"

Frequent Contributor

This is truly disappointing news. I really don’t like her style. It seems so much like an act and not natural at all. The reason mary is so popular is because she is so natural, personable and genuine. Looks like I’ll be turning the channel a lot.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not a fan of Julia's either, but I do think she has improved from where she started.  I think QVC had higher hopes for her when they hired her, and are trying to give her a fair chance to grow like many others did.

i hate for anyone to lose their job, but it happens.    I didn't see any great chemistry one way or the other with Stacey and honestly don't really think they need a social host on air.   But they have chosen to have one, and with almost no TV exposure during a show I don't really think it matters who is there.    That person is immaterial to me.

I doubt David cares either, and I don't mean that in a bad way.  I get the feeling he can get along and learn to like anybody.    

Trusted Contributor

Now that only one channel has live programming, why not let Mary be the sidekick during both ITK shows?  And for those people who think David has a say in employee hirings and firings:  assume he doesn't.  He even said, during one of his Thursday morning chats, that he doesn't pick the products sold in his shows - the buyers choose.  It is all bottom line, folks.  In this past week, I have seen both Lisa Robertson and Connie Craig-Carroll as infomercial/sales hosts on TV commercials.  Jill Bauer is with Today.  There is life after the Q.  Just wait for the non-compete clauses to expire.