Honored Contributor

Re: UGH - Does ANYONE KNOW when the iPad problem will be fixed?

@athenian wrote:

@qvcfreak  Thanks for the reply.  I thought there might be a connection because of my update timing, but others posters indicate not.  I HATE not being able to edit my many typos.

@athenian@qvcfreak, this has nothing to do with the update. I updated a couple of days prior to this "hot mess" and had no problems. It's not just iPad, iPhone users. People across the board are having problems on different devices, different browsers. I am beginning to think there is NO fix, as this has been going on for well over a week. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak, Thanks for the response.   I use an iPad 3 and an iPhone 5, first saw the problem before updating the iOS to the newest version (9.3.2).   So I know it involved the previous version and the new one.    As others said, though, it involves much more than just Apple devices/software.

I'm convinced that until we can get the moderators and the tech staff to login to the Community with a variety of mobile devices and actually see what we're describing, they won't realize how significant this bug is and they won't try to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@athenian wrote:

@qvcfreak  Thanks for the reply.  I thought there might be a connection because of my update timing, but others posters indicate not.  I HATE not being able to edit my many typos.

I did the upgrade and yeah!!, no issues. I'm able to edit with no problems. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@athenian wrote:

I did the upgrade and yeah!!, no issues. I'm able to edit with no problems. 

@qvcfreak, Which iPad do you have?   Also, are you using the Safari app to access the desktop version of the Community?   Do you normally delete website data/history?  

And you're sure you're using "Rich Text" (you can change the font style/size/color/etc., you can use all the icons at the top of the reply box)?   There has to be a unique set of circumstances that's allowing some of the posters to edit while others cannot.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I'm using Rich text and safari. I don't delete history and I have an iPad mini 3

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Thank you for the reminder of the symbols that can be used for html formatting.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To the Q Social Team / Community Team and others: I can edit again on my Lenovo tablet. Perhaps the problem has been resolved on other devices, too. 

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:
  1. To the Q Social Team / Community Team and others: I can edit again on my Lenovo tablet. Perhaps the problem has been resolved on other devices, too. 

The moderators announced yesterday afternoon that the fix would be put in during the wee hours last night. Everything seems back to normal so far.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all