Valued Contributor

I haven't been on the forums since they've been updated and I notice that some folks are mere 'contributor's, while others are 'respected' or 'honored' contributors...

What exactly is this hierarchy?

TIA! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

No one can explain the method used to determine these categories.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. The 'upgrades' seem to be sort of willy nilly.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Good Question.  I've wondered that too.   While I was on one night I had a notification come up that my designation changed from "Super" contributor to "Valued" contributor.  I just figured it had to do with your post count, but I see people with a full range of post numbers who are also "valued".

In the scheme of things it's not a big deal and I don't lose any sleep over it.  It's just a curious point.

I wish one of the QVC reps would hop on here and explain it.

Honored Contributor

QVC Bulletin Board

Occasional Contributor
Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Regular Contributor
Super Contributor
Valued Contributor
Trusted Contributor
Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor
Outstanding Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Exalted Contributor Smiley Surprised

Anybody make it to "Exalted" yet?

Ranks are used to indicate the number, quality, and impact of your posts. As you spend more time in the community participating, your ranking level will progress.
The Community has a distinct set of ranking ladders which match your natural behavioral tendencies to either collect, contribute, or advise within the threads.

A community member starts as a “New Member” and depending on how often you visit and what you contribute will move through the following order.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

And I'm wondering what any of this means to ME?  I don't pay attention to it.

Honored Contributor
I don't pay any attention to it anymore, it was interesting at first, but since no one @QVC could explain it, it apparently means nothing, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

No one can explain the method used to determine these categories.

It's been explained several times. It's based on the number of Hearts you earn from other posters. What they haven't given us was the exact numbers that move you from one to the next.

Respected Contributor

Re: Type of contributor?

[ Edited ]

Couldn't recall what kind of contributor listed for me, so I'm posting this to see. Exalted? That's a bit pretentious, but as the kids say these days: whatever. 

Ah---I see I am "trusted." That's cool. 

Respected Contributor

Hello, tantallum. Smiley Happy

I think it's based on the amount of hearts that you receive (the hearts are QVC's version of Likes, like on Facebook). If you get a lot of likes, your rank goes up. But it doesn't mean anyone is better than anyone on these forums. Just a thing on these boards.

But it is a way to "Like" someone's post if you want to.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder