Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tweak'd Presenations are Almost Comical ?

@kitcat51 wrote:

My guess... the hair is overdone just to show how much volume your hair can get. I have thick, straight as a stick hair so I use Aerate08 by Redken.

Have you ever tried Guts10 by Redken?  I am thinking of trying it.

Super Contributor

They all do that trick. Every hair care product demonstrator will throw all the hair to the front. No one wears their hair only in the front. It's a scam presentation. 

Trusted Contributor

I always wonder how many hours were spent having the hair professionally styled.  Those hairdos have to be blown dry and/or curled to achieve the effect.  This goes for all the hair vendor presentations.

Regular Contributor

I think his accent is made up...too weird.

Respected Contributor

Are we not supposed to notice that in the “before” pictures the models hair is plastered down and all fluffed up in the “after” pictures. And yes he has a very strange sounding voice.

Respected Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

The hair does look ridiculous and terrible! I don't know anyone who would go out in public with hair that big! lol

@PhillyGirl23 I don't either.

When some of the models are in other product presentations their hair is in the 'in between' before & after styling = normal .I agree with other posters that it is to gain attention .

My hair is not as thick as in my younger days , but I use rollers sometimes and it is very 'big' when I remove the rollers sometimes comical. Smiley Happy but give it a while or a spritz of water and it looks normal and then holds well for several days. 

Speaking of rollers I was thinking of buying his $30.+ ones . They were sold out so I purchased some from Amazon that also have metal inside with velcro outside (less $$s) and I really like them. They dry fast and seem to add body.

His son is shampoo boy = with watering can . I think that is done as said to show the lather and as a bit of humour.

I love his tubes of shampoo/conditioner in one.  

Respected Contributor

I'm not so sure. I may be the exception but my hair has been falling out due to genetic mutation. I figured his exaggerated volume on the models only meant I might be able to get some volume back. I was right! I did. His products can't stop my hair loss, none can, but when I use his products my hair looks easily 2x or more as full as it really is and I only have to wash it once a week (preventing unnecessary breakage). 
I don't think he and I would be BFFs, but his products do what they say, at least on me. The clean rating is extremely important to me as well.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@DasMEM2 wrote:

I think his accent is made up...too weird.

What does that have to do with the product?  And why would anyone fake an accent.  He talks with the same accent that he has for YEARS.