Frequent Contributor

Re: Trouble talking with a live CS representation

Customer service reps could be teleworking.  This is my 2d week of teleworking.  It's very different.  I miss my coworkers.  I miss my workspace.

Frequent Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

I had the same problem; also "live chat" had me chatting to myself.  Sent an email and got no response.  However, when I called again between 8:00 and 8:30 in the morning of the next day I did get a very helpful rep.  So I suggest calling early if possible.

I use Facebook Messenger whenever I need to chat.  It's easy and there's very little wait time.  Not sure about now.

Honored Contributor

Be patient.  A lot of people are quarantined and/or working from home.  This is not a  business-as-usual time.

Respected Contributor

@just wonder:  IMO, contact by email is the best way to resolve issues. I usually get a timely response. Plus, with email, you have a paper trail which (I think) is very important should any problems arise. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart:  So true! 

Respected Contributor

It's not just  QVC.  I have had trouble calling any business; they all have jammed phone lines.  We need to give them a break; nothing is perfect right now.  Things will clear up in time.  I went online to check my credit card balance and they have a message at the top of their page saying please go online instead of calling as phone lines are jammed.

Trusted Contributor

@just wonder   I've called customer service twice in the past week and got through with no problem.  Slight hold but still had no problem.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had to make two calls yesterday to two different banks. I had to transfer credits, and this could not be taken care of online. . I had to wait at least 30 minutes on hold for each call. I simply, put my phone on speaker and went about my work until someone came to the phone. 

That's all that we can do, we need to be patient right now. 

Trusted Contributor

I believe my mother's income tax form was lost in the mail. I can't reach any live IRS representatives. I would think that they would be considered "essential employees" especially now, during tax season.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A friend of mine had to call the investment company that handles her 401K.  She was on hold for an hour and a half.

As others have stated, a longer than usual wait will probably be required for most companies during these uncertain times.