Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

They are nice looking towels, but why just two washcloths?  I always buy extra washcloths when I buy towels because they wear out faster and I can never find ones to match perfectly.

Four towels and two washcloths?  Weird configuration in my book.

I also prefer extra washcloths @Carmie.  I never use hand towels, for me they are a waste. 

The only washcloths-only set seems to be item #H205073 -- a set of 12 in the same pattern and also 600gsm.  However, only the white set is all one color, and matches today's TSV.  The other colors are in themed tones. 

Honored Contributor

Walmart has nice throwaway towels thaat break down after only several washings but Northern Night towels last and look like new for years. 

Respected Contributor

@chiclet  Me too...   but that was another lifetime ago!!!!  The station has gone through so many changes throughout the years, and sadly,  the last 10-15 have not been for the better,  IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Walmart has nice throwaway towels thaat break down after only several washings but Northern Night towels last and look like new for years. 

I agree @Pook.  I only invest in great towels (same for sheets) because they last for years.  In the past, I purchased by color and price only, and quickly saw towels that were not absorbent, had loops that got stringy after a couple of washings, soon felt like brushed cardboard, etc.  Northern Nights have excellent towels.  I think the TSV is right on time for refreshing a bathroom for the Spring.

Regular Contributor

@akgirl and @SurferWife ---what am I missing?   My screen says $5.50 shipping and handling..............

We used to purchase Northern Nights towels all the time years ago from the Q; in fact there are still -6- sitting in my linen closet in fine shape right now!  They wash and dry up very well, there are no "stringy pieces," no bare spots, no edge damage, and the hand towels and washcloths look great as well.  Very nice, heavy weight towels.  I was disappointed when NN stopped bringng towels/sheets/quilts to the Q, and if we needed more I'd be getting these today.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Well then, I feel like one lucky duck!!  I went to Walmart just yesterday and bought some washcloths because I am sick of looking at the ones that I purchased from them 8-10yrs ago.  They are still going strong, but I'm sick of em.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

The TSV towels look pretty, but I agree with others....the configuration puzzles me.  What I need most of when buy sets. of towels is extra wash cloths.  Additionally, I prefer to feel the towels I buy.  And since I always buy white towels, I want to read the care label to be sure they can be bleached.  (I usually buy my towels at BB&B.)

Respected Contributor

LOL, different strokes.   I bought 2 sets.    The worst towels I've ever bought were from BB&B.   Started falling apart after 3 washes.

On another note, I don't like those kind of wash cloths at all, they are too big and bulky.  I'll look for the old fashioned kind.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Frequent Contributor

That's great if you need towels. I was just referring to them being a TSV I have watched Q for 20 years and in days gone by a TSV was an "EXCITING" somewhat "special item". Stuff you couldn't get anywhere else. Nice towels can be bought anywhere without paying shipping. Of course it's everyones own business how they spend their money and what they buy. But the thought of hearing them drone on and on for an hour about towels is a turn off for "me". As with the vaccum, mattress spiels. One sentence will do, it drys you off after a shower, it's a vaccum "it picks up dirt' etc. Get some new and exciting products and brands for a change.

Frequent Contributor

If towels excite you that's great. If you like to hear an hour of spiel on towels great. They have access to the entire wourld of brands, products and innovations. And offering towels and sheets is great and I hagve bought many Berkshire Throws but towels strick me as so utilitarian and mundane that being a TSV is a bore. But that's just me.