Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

Are you kidding me? Such a disrespectful OP.

Let us remember the beautiful woman, Tova Borgnine.

@FLgardener    Are you aware that OP stands for original post or poster meaning the first post of a thread?  In this case it was me and I was in no way disrespectful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Kachina624 not to disrespect the deceased,but the times I watched her on the q,I thought she was arrogant and phoney.now please qvc friends,don't come after me.im just being honest.im sure her perfume smelled lovely tho

@Luvsmyfam When someone says they don't want to or mean to be disrespectful (or something else not nice) then you put "but" in the sentence, it verifies that you know you are being disrespectful (or something else not nice).  That's what it says, it is clearly disrespectful or whatever.

So next time, just say it and own you are being disrespectful or whatever.  It is offensive either way and usually says more about the speaker than the intended person being talked about when the "but" is there. . . like we don't know.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

...When someone says they don't want to or mean to be disrespectful (or something else not nice) then you put "but" in the sentence, it verifies that you know you are being disrespectful (or something else not nice).  That's what it says, it is clearly disrespectful or whatever.

So next time, just say it and own you are being disrespectful or whatever.  It is offensive either way and usually says more about the speaker than the intended person being talked about when the "but" is there. . . like we don't know.  

@Sooner   what a thoughtful and well written explanation.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tova's Last Appearance?

[ Edited ]

Yes, @Kachina624 , I realize now that I jumped to conclusions; but I also know you to be a bit evasive when it suits you.

I did watch Tova's last presentation.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes she was here for Christmas I believe.   I noticed her striping of her hair too.  I thought that was different.  What are they saying on QVC about her.  When did all this happen? Does anyone know how she passed?  I just noticed the caption on the top of this page saying they are morning Tova.  Very surprised. I always liked her.  She was a classy lady.  She will be missed.  May God bless her and keep her in his loving arms.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hardware mom , The striping of Tova's hair was her longtime signature. With regard to her last presentation, as I saw it, is summed up in one word:

VALIANT

Honored Contributor

@hardware mom wrote:

Yes she was here for Christmas I believe.   I noticed her striping of her hair too.  I thought that was different.  What are they saying on QVC about her.  When did all this happen? Does anyone know how she passed?  I just noticed the caption on the top of this page saying they are morning Tova.  Very surprised. I always liked her.  She was a classy lady.  She will be missed.  May God bless her and keep her in his loving arms.   

@hardware mom  Multiple hosts made the announcement of Tova's passing, and shared their personal thoughts on air yesterday.  Even Lori Goldstein commented on air last night.  All of the hosts -- all that use social media, have posted rembrances of Tova on their QVC social media pages as well.  

Contributor
FLgardener- what a delightful and appropriate word to use to describe a determined woman who overcomes life’s challenges. Thank you for such a perfect encapsulation of a whole life in a single word!
Trusted Contributor

@Danilova2 , Well said. A great lady has left the room.

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

Yes, @Kachina624 , I realize now that I jumped to conclusions; but I also know you to be a bit evasive when it suits you.

I did watch Tova's last presentation.

@FLgardener    lol.  That's A new one.  Usually I'm accused of being blunt and to the point.  Never has anyone said evasive.

You, presumably, don't like being corrected and certainly aren't apologetic even when wrong.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment