Trusted Contributor

Today, Kerstin did an "encore" presentation of the "Big Deal" priced Total Gym.   Not only did Rosalie Brown do a presentation/ demonstration of the Total Gym remotely, but Kerstin demonstrated it in the studio.   She exercized on it and adjusted it, demonstrating the use of it.   It was a very good 15 minute presentation.

Yesterday, Monifa had the premiere show of this Big Deal, again with Rosalie Brown, for an entire hour.   Yet Monifa never touched an assembled Total Gym, let alone got on / used /  demonstrated one.   For ONE HOUR she stood behind pieces of the equipment and spoke.   I have NEVER seen a presentation of exercize equipment where the host did not use it, even briefly.   

Her next show was for a computer for one hour.   She sat on her couch for the entire hour BEHIND the open laptop.   The HP person did his demonstrations but she never faced it to even change a screen! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Total Gym presentations

[ Edited ]

@NYwoman  Terrible! Why didn't she use the machine? She really should have. 

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman    I've heard other similar complaints.  Why they retain this host is a mystery.  Surely there is something she could actually demonstrate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@NYwoman  Actually I'd rather they get rid of the hosts and just have Vendors demonstrate and sell.

Regular Contributor

Re: Total Gym presentations

[ Edited ]

Was Monifa's show on Q2? Host are not allowed to do anything when on Q2. ITKWD was on Q2 a couple of weeks ago, and he just stood there most of the time.

Respected Contributor

@Qvcmeow 

I think you are correct about QVC2.....

In the Kitchen With Mary is a good example....doesn't she spend her time behind a counter or desk for most of the show?

Valued Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Today, Kerstin did an "encore" presentation of the "Big Deal" priced Total Gym.   Not only did Rosalie Brown do a presentation/ demonstration of the Total Gym remotely, but Kerstin demonstrated it in the studio.   She exercized on it and adjusted it, demonstrating the use of it.   It was a very good 15 minute presentation.

Yesterday, Monifa had the premiere show of this Big Deal, again with Rosalie Brown, for an entire hour.   Yet Monifa never touched an assembled Total Gym, let alone got on / used /  demonstrated one.   For ONE HOUR she stood behind pieces of the equipment and spoke.   I have NEVER seen a presentation of exercize equipment where the host did not use it, even briefly.   

Her next show was for a computer for one hour.   She sat on her couch for the entire hour BEHIND the open laptop.   The HP person did his demonstrations but she never faced it to even change a screen! 

Always watch Kerstin's exercise shows. She looks very cute in her exercise outfits.

Respected Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Omg! Call the Q police!! 

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman 

I'm not defending or justifying.  But I do know that all presentations on QVC 2 are very different than those on the main channel, by all of the hosts on that channel. 

As stated in another post, Mary's ITKWM shows have her sitting on a chair or at a counter merely talking with the vendor on Skype who demonstrates everything.  

David had two QVC 2 shows yesterday.  I saw his tech show with a Minolta camcorder.  David only touched that item with just 1 minute left in an almost 9-minute presentation, and that was just to open the vuefinder because the vendor mentioned it.  

Monifa is primarily on QVC 2 also.  My guess is all of the hosts are all doing exactly what they are being told to do on that channel.  QVC2 does not have a background crew like the main channel either.  They are literally in a very small corner, made to look like a normal studio.

Trusted Contributor

I did not realize that the hosts were restricted on QVC2.   That is ludicrous.   They replay the main channel shows with the demonstrations on QVC2.   This contrast makes the host look bad.

Since Monifa can only do as directed, this makes her look lazy to say the least.